free hit
counters
Esprit S2 mystery part - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Got some parts back from plating, and can't for the life of me remember where this goes. This is the pic I took before disassembling:

IMG_2304_zpsnkhoxgsc.jpg

Think it might be from around the gear linkages somewhere?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What's on the other end of it? Looks like the end of the brake/clutch cylinder pushrods. The dowl goes though the brake/clutch pedals.

I'm thinking maybe Handbrake? A bigger picture would help, as Pete says with the other end.

Good Luck..

I think Pete is right looks like the end of the clutch / brake master cylinder push rod. Connects to the peddle with a cotter pin and clip.

• Like 1

I know exactly what you are all saying about the Clutch master Cylinder push rod and a picture of the other end would help prove this.  However on my S1 it is not pressed steel like this but a square block of Aluminium machined out.

Do you only have one of them or a multiple? That might help with where it goes?

What' Looks like the end of the brake/clutch cylinder pushrods. The dowl goes though the brake/clutch pedals.

Yep, I've now figured out that it was off the rod that goes through the clutch master cylinder. 

It is however very similar to other parts used throughout the car, hence the confusion!