free hit
counters
P2135 & P2104/6 Error Codes - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CocoPops

P2135 & P2104/6 Error Codes

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Echo what others say - I remember having to pull teeth trying to get BMW to do some warranty work for me when my Z4 was actually IN WARRANTY! Took 3 months, countless hours on the phone, and that was only for £400. 

Hopefully it'll be in time for this Sunday at Newlands Lee :) Would be great to catch up and see your yellow beauty in the flesh. 

Fingers crossed it will be! :lol:

Window seal is due Friday, so might be touch and go.

So, whether I collect Friday or Saturday depends on timings.

Then the small matter of getting to Silverstone to collect it!

And you didn't take pics? Booo

I'd have liked to have seen work in progress.

I don't know how far they have to strip the car to swap the looms.

Now I feel sick :(

I was hoping to get an email today saying "Car ready"... but no.. I get an email saying "Loom replaced, issue still exists".

They've changed the Engine loom, to the latest spec with additional earthing points etc but the issue still remains.

So they tried my ECU in another Evora and the issue is replicated in the other car. When they try the other cars ECU in my car, the issue is not present.

Thus it looks like it needs a new ECU!!

Not sure where I stand on costs/bills etc, certainly not wanting to pay anything.

Lotus were picking up the cost of the loom and labour with Silverstone directly, as it was a Lotus decision to change the loom.

Lotus Silverstone have now gone to the warranty firm to see if they will cover cost of ECU (£900 iirc from deRoure prices).

Gutted to say the least.

3 weeks now without my Evora (out of 11weeks ownership).

Hmm. Not nice. Sorry for you. The bright side is that they seem to have found it and you will have the issue solved and the new loom so hopefully a problem free future ahead of you at a marginal cost. Fingers crossed it will not be all at your expense.

Oh no, what rotten luck I hope you can get it done by Lotus/Warranty, good luck

Can they not reflash it to see if that resolves it?

Lee - hows it looking?

I think I speak for all of us on here that we truly hope you're on the road soon. Definitely some bad luck you've had!

I'm planning a trip to silverstone this week potentially - want me to pop in for you? :) 

Hey,

Just awaiting an update from Pam @ Lotus Silverstone (who I have to say has been great at keeping me informed).

I've since found out that the car has already had an ECU replacement in November 2013, so even that is only 18m old.

Not much happened on Friday, the factory closes lunchtime(wtf!) on Fridays. So no one around to confirm if they have ECUs in the shelf or if they are back ordered etc.

Does seem odd that a company targeting big growth and increased car sales, still close half day a week, anyway that's another point for discussion elsewhere.

AutoProtect are hopefully visiting today or tomorrow and will (fingers crossed) pick up cost of ECU.

I'm not sure why they didn't swap ECU before changing loom as this might have saved time and money, but we are where are and need to plan accordingly.

Will keep thread updated of course and thanks for everyone's support!

So you know, they start work at 8:15am and work to 5:30pm Mon-Thurs, 9.25 hours/day. Half day on Friday gives people a chance to do stuff they can't do during lunch since it's such a remote location eg doctors/dentist etc and it gives manufacturing a chance to do maintenance they couldn't usually do while operational during the week on Friday afternoons too. Very common to close half days on Friday in the manufacturing industry for these reasons. 

• Like 1

Do you know why the ECU was replaced before? Seems a little odd 2 have gone faulty in a short space of time.

Hope it's fixed soon!

So you know, they start work at 8:15am and work to 5:30pm Mon-Thurs, 9.25 hours/day. Half day on Friday gives people a chance to do stuff they can't do during lunch since it's such a remote location eg doctors/dentist etc and it gives manufacturing a chance to do maintenance they couldn't usually do while operational during the week on Friday afternoons too. Very common to close half days on Friday in the manufacturing industry for these reasons.

Exactly how we used to do it at my old firm

Hoping the engineer visits today and we get some traction.

It's now 4weeks (yesterday) that this started, so that's 4weeks that I've paid tax and insurance on a car I've not been able to use.

A weekend away that I couldn't take my car of choice, not to mention the "When are you bringing your Evora to work" questions from colleagues :(

Owned 11weeks, missing for 4 of those.

More delays! :thumbdown:

So the AutoProtect engineer has visited, been on a roadtest with Silverstone technician. He's seen and experienced the fault codes.

He now has to return to AutoProtect, present his findings and wait for them to make a decision.

In the mean time, nothing occurs :no

Again I'm surprised by processes, that a field engineer doesn't have a laptop and can't work on site in order to speed up the process.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be in the warranty companies interest to speed up the process.

The trick probably is to become a pain in the warranty companies ass until they sort it out

ECU on the Airbus I fly failed today... Caused a load of grief... Airline had a spare one flown in from a parts store... £250k plus labour and air freight delivery

I'll be honest - my car was meant to be with B&C for a week and they loaned me an Exige S Roadster. Turned out to be 2.5 weeks and I still had the car. I would have been pissed if gave me a mini/nothing at all. 

To be fair to Silverstone, the car was purchased from Murrays and Silverstone are no doubt losing money on the warranty work (warranty rate is very low) so to lose even more by lending out a demonstrator which should be used for customer demo's is asking a lot IMO. 

One of the things that is most frustrating is the chasing that I am having to do.

Calling/Emailing Lotus/Silverstone/Murray etc.

As I understand it, Lotus told Silverstone to replace loom based on the fault codes, hence Lotus paying for that part.

However it didn't fix it, so now Lotus/Silverstone are saying replace the ECU, however there is still a query over who is paying for it.

So, rather than pre-order the ECU and worry about who is paying later, they are waiting on AutoProtect to see if they will authorise it. Only then will it be ordered from Lotus to Silverstone.

In any other situation, the ECU would be sent from Norfolk to Silverstone as soon as it was decided it was to be replaced so it would ready to fit the minute the call comes through. If, for whatever reason it was not needed, it could be sent back, but given Lotus/Silverstone are certain it will fix the issue, then that almost becomes a moot point.

I have checked my documentation and if you have the same warranty as me the "Auto/Customer Protect Gold" the ECU should defo be covered from what I can see, sounds like Auto Protect need to pull their fingers out!

It's covered under AutoProtect "Premier Plus" scheme.

So yes, it should be covered.

My point being, why are we not preempting the approval and getting the ECU on the desk in northampton, rather than on the shelf in Norfolk.