free hit
counters
Best exhaust for Exige V6 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Edison Ngu

Best exhaust for Exige V6

I understand that there are following exhaust for our Exige V6,

1. Lotus OE Motorsport exhaust

2. Larini

3. 2Bular

4. Quicksilver

5. Komotec

Anyone heard them all yet?

Which one is the best in terms of sound?

Edited by Edison Ngu

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've only really heard them on youtube. I have heard the Quicksilver exhaust but it isn't that different to standard. I like the sound and look of the factory sports exhaust but if it meant I couldn't drive around some of the stricter tracks like Goodwood I would very quickly regret it.

The best exhaust for a V6 for me would be one that is still legal for UK track but increases the pitch of the noise at high revs. I don't think one exists for that yet.

The Kreissieg one sounds the best yet i reckon. Can some kind chap from the UK buy one please so i can have a listen.  :smoke:

Here is mine,exhaust stock but with Larini manifolds..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCPSazkk-6A

That's just pure sex! Any issues with engine management light or need for retune of ecu?

Such a shame the decibel devil system won't work with the standard oval exhaust (for track purposes) otherwise I'd be going down this route!

www.alias23.com

Asking what is the best sounding one is like asking what is the best water cracker. You would have to physically listen to them all yourself. Anything on YT is biased depending on camera etc etc etc.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. Obviously I can "hear" all those sounds on YT, when I said heard, I mean in real life. Otherwise, i could have just google it.

Yes, and what I'm saying is that unless YOU hear them all in real life, everyone elses opinion will be biased to theirs.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

That's just pure sex! Any issues with engine management light or need for retune of ecu?

Such a shame the decibel devil system won't work with the standard oval exhaust (for track purposes) otherwise I'd be going down this route!

I have second lambda extensions,no check engine light,no need to retune the ecu but went to the dealer for a new ecu update,I also mounted an air fuel gauge ,air fuel is perfect so no problems at all...

Hey guys,

I had a full Larini setup (manifolds, sports cat, valved muffler) on my Evora S, which I traded in for the Exige V6. So I had it installed two weeks ago along with a Komotec pulley/cold air intake/ecu tune and the sound. On my Evora S I had every stock except exhaust and a smaller cold air intake from a vendor called BOE. I can tell you the additional upgrades on the Exige from Komotec make the sound even better. Angrier! 

Here's a vid a friend created

That Kreissieg zorst sounds fantastic, I wonder if it would pass a 105 d/b trackday though.

Would be good to know if you could put up with it on long journeys too, I had that problem with the Larini race zorst I had fitted to my 260 S2 ,fantastic for the first 30 minutes and then became tiresome so swapped it back to standard.

The Kriessieg is switchable, you can hear it switch from silenced mode to straight-through 'F1' mode at 0.26 in the 2nd video.

The Evora system is $4000, so they aren't cheap!

I'll have a switchable Tubular mounted to stock manifolds in a few weeks. Can compare to Chris's full tubular system.

Black n gold

I'll have a switchable Tubular mounted to stock manifolds in a few weeks. Can compare to Chris's full tubular system.

I believe Chris is getting the same as you. I asked him the other day, as i too had thought he was getting the full 2ublar. 

I believe Chris is getting the same as you. I asked him the other day, as i too had thought he was getting the full 2ublar. 

Yes, given the fact that I would need to run the car in first, we decided to start with the backbox only and then look to add the manifolds, downpipes and sports cat later on when the car had some miles on it. As the latter would require an ECU update, I didn't really want to do this before the car had been run in.

Out of interest I was recorded at 99db at Bedford on static on Monday with the standard Exhaust, the limit is 101 and I was warned. I know Bedford is strict, but would concern me going for anything louder. Was also black flagged for noise at Zolder.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

I would also be concerned about anything louder than the standard item which I think is fairly vocal. Recently mine has got a little louder and am wondering what they will say at Goodwood on Monday.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Out of interest I was recorded at 99db at Bedford on static on Monday with the standard Exhaust, the limit is 101 and I was warned. I know Bedford is strict, but would concern me going for anything louder. Was also black flagged for noise at Zolder.

Oh I'm under no illusion that I'll not be able to attend some tracks. However, as my car will be used mainly for road use, I'm not too worried about this.

Hopefully mine will arrive week after next....otherwise I might be stalking Chris in Essex to have a listen.

According to Jim although the exhaust only (switchable version) option is noisier than standard so will struggle on some tracks when on the open (straight thru) setting , the main noise increase comes from removing the 2 cats in the manifold system. So I'm hoping it slips in under 105dB.

Black n gold

Yes, given the fact that I would need to run the car in first, we decided to start with the backbox only and then look to add the manifolds, downpipes and sports cat later on when the car had some miles on it. As the latter would require an ECU update, I didn't really want to do this before the car had been run in.

Does it really require an ecu update for a full system exhaust? Who offers that? Besides the obvious komotec staged ecu upgrades. I hadn't factored this in when planning to get one next month. If I have to get a komotec upgrade at the same time then it might have to wait until I can afford the 430 kit too.