free hit
counters
You have to laugh, Especially at Xmas - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

You have to laugh, Especially at Xmas

Hahahahahaha........ :blink: (crying)

Just opened the cooker door to baste the turkey and the bloody door fell off in my hand.

Currently trying to cook it with the door stuck on with masking tape!

Trouble is it's fully fitted and there's no way anyones going to come and fit a new one this time of year and we've got 3 dinner parties over the next week!

Hahahahahahahaha... :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds very familiar, thankfully Bibs got handy with the screwdriver and it's hanging on.

Good excuse to order take away if you ask me. Who needs traditional Christmas dinner when you can have turkey curry instead :blink:

Don't recall having a 'door problem', but a couple of Thanksgivings ago, my wife put the turkey in the oven upside down (technically, right side up), and the damn thing exploded! :)

To this day, i'm not sure what caused the explosion. :)

Rather funny now in retrospect!! :blink:

At least you didn't forget to cook it! This morning our daughters woke us up @ 6:30 and the realization came to me that we had forgotten cook the ham yesterday for the traditional Christmas breakfast! Oh well, brunch it is then!

Fortunately, I had enough Scapa single malt to sweeten my coffee this AM!

Cheers to all! Here's hoping your turkey cooks just fine Kimbers!

Lee

:) Anyone record the Queens Speech? - missed it! :blink:

Now lets get up to date here, you can download the podcast of it, OFICIALLY.

A friend's little dog needed a walk, the veg was mentioned (going to be cooked rather than prep), so I thought I had loads of time to walk teh dog.

Ah well.

That's one Christmas lunch missed, glad it's not my dog, or I'd be sleeping in the dog house tonight.

Andy

:blink: Yep cooked fine.

So I've got Big Si to do my cooker anyone a plumber? Got so peed off with the cooker had a couple of JD's before eating and got a little "happy"....... am I the unluckyest person in the world or what.....went up stairs to have a shower/shave before dinner and knocked my new bottle (glass) of aftershave off the top shelf and it went straight through the sink! :)

Excuse me while I go and cry..... :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On the 'bad luck' front - Mother-in-law managed to fall out of the loft on xmas eve (no laughing please) before we had arrived to stay for xmas .

Can hardly walk. Bruzes Tyson would be proud of on her arm and ankle and a gash to the back of head that made her bathroom look like something large had just been sacrificed.

Anybody tried Casulty Dept Xmas Eve?

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I was looking forward to my Christmas break.

I got stuck in a meeting at work with a Diehard who came in with the Cold.

No matter how many times I moved away from him, the bugger still came and sat next to me.

The tickly throat sensation was forming as I left the office.

So I've spent a lot of the holiday in bed - in a separate bedroom from Viv, so she wouldn't catch it- and we've postponed Christmas lunch until I can taste food again. If she catches the lurgy, I'm a dead man.

I've done a bit of editing on the Club Lotus film as Christmas TV has been boring and I spent a bit of time under the Esprit tracking down and fixing a rattly heatshield.

Bored beyond belief!

Alan