free hit
counters
Non-return valve - 1981 S3 suppliers? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Non-return valve - 1981 S3 suppliers?

• Gold FFM

My non-return valve is going clicky clicky clicky at idle.

Can someone a). confirm where the brake servo on my 1981 S3 comes from - Girling I know, but other vehicles, Landrover perhaps? and b). let me know where I can get the non-return valve from (SJ's don't appear to have them except for the post 1985 cars)?

I understand you can lever out the old one and install the new one relatively easily with the servo in the car (although it might require a rubber mallet) - is this the case?

Thanks all!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just pulls out yes, mine went through a clicky phase but has quieten end down again. I took it out as I assumed when it went quiet it was not working properly, but it is still ok.

No mallet needed.

• Gold FFM

So it might not be broken? Just clicky? Any symptoms of it being broken - I guess pedal feel might change / assistance be reduced?

It's a simple one way valve so try blowing and sucking on it (ooerrr).

If it failed you would not necessarily feel any difference on the brakes whilst the engine was running but you would have no reserve effort if the engine stops. You would normally expect to get a couple of pumps with the engine off before the pedal goes hard.

I think someone on here suggested triumph as compatible:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-RTC812

• 7 years later...
  • Gold FFM

I bought my one from Rimmer brothers - I also think some people are 3D printing replacements as well -