free hit
counters
Canada GP - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Maldonado's spun 3 mins into quali! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, nice to see Lotus qualify in 5th and 6th.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Is that this weekend? Missed my tips again....... :coffee:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I had to 'watch' it on Autosport Live Text service on line as offshore and no TV channels we have covered it and it made it read very boring!  So much so that I told SWMBO to delete the recording at home unwatched to keep the disc space free.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Question: If F1 is meant to be the pinnacle of motor racing, should the most common phrase in Canada have been "Save". Save Fuel by lifting and coasting, save tyres by not driving so hard and save brakes by using the gears and coasting.

In my opinion "Lift and Coast" should not be a word used in F1 it should be "Drive harder! Push it!" but when was the last time you heard that? 1980's?, 1990's at the latest.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It's a difficult one. Clearly the fastest tracks demand the most fuel: if you start with a fixed quantity of fuel, you've got to drive accordingly. I doubt any car had more than a litre or two of fuel in it when it finished. If there'd been the usual safety car period, none of this would have been a consideration.

As I see it the fuel problem is a combination of these two rules:

1) max. 100kg starting fuel

2) max. 100kg / hour fuel flow

If one or the other rule was abolished, it would allow teams a wider strategy choice, without really impacting on the (lip-service) "green" credentials of the sport. Abolish both and we're back to the good old days of starting the race with a car brim full of fuel to enable the driver to go flat out for the whole race. Re-fueling is not for me, since it's just another excuse not to try and overtake someone on the track and often goes wrong in the mayhem of a pit-stop anyway.

Looking after your tyres and brakes has always been an F1 skill, so I'm not so fussed about changing much there.

To be honest F1 has frequently had these boring periods of one team domination, but I can't see the others catching up with Mercedes for a long time.