free hit
counters
Spotted: Lotus "Eagle". - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Spotted: Lotus "Eagle".

Popped over to Goodwood this morning for a mooch around as it was Soft Top Sunday. Away from the pits and the current line-up of Bell and Colvill stock, I spotted this very rare Lotus Eagle Nova...

1c_zps5qumoeep.jpg

1b_zpsbx0hg32l.jpg

1a_zpsaldq4aps.jpg

There should rules about this sort of thing. Possibly involving small amounts of explosives...

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lad I used to work with also had a Red one with the Beetle engine in Barry - didn't have a purpley interior did it?!

Edited by nello

• Gold FFM

It was a black interior with sporty buckets.... Interior was faded when I had it and I have to confess to inking it black with some marker ink..!!! So it could well have gone a purply colour....... Mrs252w I think if I remember correctly

Only here once

• Gold FFM

No - these are kit cars....... Beetle floorpan..

Most common engines are beetle - there's a few brave folks who put Alfa engines in....... This is the first one I've heard of with a lotus lump.

The stopping was dire on mine - drums all round....... Handled great though

Only here once

I remember writing for info pack and prices on one of those things before I found out it was one of the many Beetle rebody kits of the time.  Never did have the spare cash to build anything in the end as keeping whatever bit of junk I was driving at the time on the road took precedence. helped somebody build a V8 Dutton though.  That was scary in every respect but sounded great.

BTW how do you get out of a Nova if it rolls? Or don't you think about that bit?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

The one I had - the hydraulic roof was pumped by a huge smiths pump - would supposedly lift the car!!!

Never fancied trying that!!

You'd have to be driving it like a complete twat to get it to go over.......

Can't remember the height - but I think it was Lower than the esprit.... And that's low

Only here once

Love the Nova, a childhood dream but probably best left there. This particular one has had a Lotus twincam since new I believe and one of the few left that haven't become plant pots for nettles in someones front garden

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I actually contacted them in Oz and nearly bought the molds for making the cars. Near bought the business.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I would assume it has a Lotus Engine in the back but putting a Lotus badge on it? Colin would turn in his grave and the old man would vomit all over it! hardly a beautiful design!!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

To be fair I thought it was a decent attempt at trying to produce something that was vaguely exotic on a comparatively tiny amount of money. But they did not quite pull it of............... 

I actually contacted them in Oz and nearly bought the molds for making the cars. Near bought the business.

Our very own Adrian "GasmanGT3" on these forums was for a time heavily involved with the production of these in the UK! I think he was good friends with the then owner Sam Cobley. A picture of an impossibly youthful Ade exists and may be shown...

In the garage no-one can hear you scream