free hit
counters
What is in the buttress tunnel? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone know if there is something installed in the buttress tunnel (right side). I see 4 screws on the tailgate frame (right side) when the tailgate is open. These screws hold a bracket (with some electro-mag valves ) in the buttress tunnel behind the right fuel door. This setup looks like someone intentionally hide some gizmo there. Strange, check your car and see what I mean, look above the battery and toward the right side fuel door ---anything there? :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we've had this before? Isn't it the soleniod to open the fuel filler flap?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Anyone know if there is something installed in the buttress tunnel (right side). I see 4 screws on the tailgate frame (right side) when the tailgate is open. These screws hold a bracket (with some electro-mag valves ) in the buttress tunnel behind the right fuel door. This setup looks like someone intentionally hide some gizmo there. Strange, check your car and see what I mean, look above the battery and toward the right side fuel door ---anything there? :)

There are a few items, yes the solenoid for the gas filler is there, also one of the Map sensors also. Be careful if you gimmy around in there, if you knock the hose off of the map sensor that's not good!

Artie

must have been posting the same time I was respondin! Even though you have a cable in there, the map sensor(baro) and Map are both on the bracket, hence the vacuum lines and wires.

Artie

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

I'm sure we've had this before? Isn't it the soleniod to open the fuel filler flap?

Hi Bibs,

On my ca,r 88 Turbo, the filler cap is cable operated. These valves has power wires as well as vaccum tubes going into them. Don't know what they are. Anyone knows?

Hi Bibs,

On my ca,r 88 Turbo, the filler cap is cable operated. These valves has power wires as well as vaccum tubes going into them. Don't know what they are. Anyone knows?

See my post above

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm