free hit
counters
V8 Esprit ? - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
philip600

V8 Esprit ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

He's owned about 20, if not more!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The S4s looks amazing Phil, unmarked. Must be sensational in bright sunshine.

I love the sound of a green leather interior too.

So, going back to the extended rear transom it looks like you have one on your S4s too which goes against the theory that Esprits should only have one or the other.

I'd like to get rid of my Saturn's, but the chances of finding a decent set of futuras or nova, Is pretty slim so I may go down the route of getting something from image wheels.

As for the spoiler, the later style is best !

1) it looks awesome

2) has good rear visibility

3) easier to open/close tailgate

4) easier to clamber into the boot when working on the engine 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

This thread makes me want a Yellow Esprit. S4s perhaps?

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Vanya, Vanya, Vanya... You got to buy that small house with a big garage first ;)

Like I also need to ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Thanks for setting me straight Jacques....this forum makes my mind wander. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

I would totally agree regarding the later V8 spoiler being better for visibility, boot access etc but personally I just don't think it goes with the lines on the Esprit like the S4s / early V8 spoiler ( just my opinion )

Interesting info about the transom, where did the one or the other bit come from because since it's been mentioned I've been looking at pictures of Esprit's & almost all have both ?

Phil.

truth be told, i like all the spoilers except s4  :sofa:

I do agree that the s4s style has the best natural lines.  I thought (until advantage provided all the info) that for the 98 MY they revised the dash but retained earlier spoiler options & the 99 MY saw the introduction of the se/gt models with the respective spoiler/transom options

In reality with so few cars coming to market you may struggle to find your ideal combo.  I'd always wanted a black V8, missed out on one due to lack of time to view the car, spent another year hunting, gave up and widened my choices and ended up with a blue one!!

No regrets though  :B)

Well, to be hones with you Vanya, I too would like a selectin of Esprits. They are rather intoxicating. Whenive I see a nice one, I want it, and when I see a not so nice one, I want to save it. Than God, I don't have the Means for that. I have plent of other hobbies, apart from the Esprit ;)

But house comes first, if ever I find one in this crazy market. We'll see.

But as it is now, we already have a nice appartment, a nice small garden of our own, and a garage, plus plenty of storage room in the basement and the addict. But you know, a 7 x 7 meter garage with three gates, screaming White, led light all over, heated floor cubboards for all my tools (plenty) and some very nice tiles on the floor all over, with a hidden pit in the middle, plus a nice Black leather sofa corner with a big flatscreen on the wall, would make a nice hobby room for my cars, the motorcycle and my bikes (I have two mountainbikes and two race bikes, and my wife have three).

Is that too much to ask?

Cheers,

Jacques ;)

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)