free hit
counters
Alfa Romeo Giulia - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I believe it's the new facelift Hyundai Pony...... It's nice to see these old models returning.........hope landrover bring back the Princess

Only here once

503bhp from a Ferrari derived V6!  :fun:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

503bhp from a Ferrari derived V6!  :fun:

That is the difference.

• Alfa = Ferrari derived
  • Lotus = Toyota derived.

What do you expect? We should be grateful our engine isn't from the Prius!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

That is the difference.

• Alfa = Ferrari derived

Yeah Toyota know nothing about engines - the LFA's V10 was pants eh?

There a loads of Toyota powered Supras and Lexus V8 powered GT86'S making silly power on drag strips and drift tracks. Toyota have form in WRC with turbocharged 2L lumps making 300BHP+

If Lotus dropped some low comp pistons into the 2GR and added a lot more boost it would make good power too...

Everything is going turboed for efficiency reasons - hot hatches are nudging 300BHP in much lighter packages than sports cars - 400 is the new 300!

That is the difference.

• Alfa = Ferrari derived

More like Alfa = Fiat derived (with help from a Maserati GrandTurismo's rear lights)

Lets face it, if that car had a KIA badge on it, would you even look twice? because, if that is what the Alfa design team call an attractive saloon, crickey. The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say. But they are going to need more than just the tag line 'Ferrari Derived V6' as there are some seriously good, quality saloons on the market right now. But more importantly, their delear network is a bit pants in the UK.

And that is pretty much what they're famous for in the UK. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

What, rusting, falling to bits and having engines seize solid?

I love the look of Alfa's but I agree that they aren't Ferrari derived they are Fiat derived and Lotus is to Toyota what Ferrari is to Alfa, not the other way round like you say.

I buy many thousands of cars a year including Alfa's and they are good saloon cars but all they are is good saloon cars. I don't see them as anything special!

Of course you are talking about a country where people see the Merc C Class as a top Exec car when the rest of the world see's them as Taxi's!! So we have been known to be wrong (very occasionally). :huh:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Ferrari get their engines from Alfa Romeo? :huh:

Evora NA

The Giulia V6 is supposedly the one FCA have developed for the 'new' Dino so it'll be a peach.

I've had several Alfas' - young and old and they've all been 'special' in their own way...........