free hit
counters
Evora rear leg room vs pork 997 rear leg room - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stuno1

Evora rear leg room vs pork 997 rear leg room

So I am looking forward to drivin an Evora even though it is some time away.

I am interested to understand what the difference is in rear leg room between the Evora and the 911. Quick google revealed no starts I could compare. Does anyone know?

Stu

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Realistically nothing behind the driver but OK behind the passenger. Anybody above about 5' tall will not be able to sit upright.

Kids seats fit better in an Evora than a 911...

As far as adults, I think the 911 has the edge but we are talking about a drop in the ocean. The seats are realistically for kids in both cars...

If you want a car that can do adults buy something else.

The big Advantage of the Evora compared to an 911, esp 991, is that the back seat is flat. The Porsche has a big bulge that seperates the two seats. Without the bulge, the passenger could easier sit on the left stretching his legs to the right for example (or as often used by me,a dog could fully Stretch out wothout the bulge)

Kids seats fit better in an Evora than a 911...

As far as adults, I think the 911 has the edge but we are talking about a drop in the ocean. The seats are realistically for kids in both cars...

If you want a car that can do adults buy something else.

I was hoping there would be a stat so I could tell the wife there's no/almost no difference. It will only have my daughter in the back behind my wife and my daughter will be 2. Just surprised there are no stats.

Thanks folks.

The leg-room depends on how tall the front seat occupants are. I am a gnat's knicker under 6ft, but not got the longest legs. My relatively tall 7 year-old boy sits behind me and I still have a comfortable driving position. I wouldn't subject him to a really long journey, but it's OK. My wife is a bit shorter than me, and my eldest (very tall) 9 year-old boy sits behind her. Once again he gets his feet under the front seat OK, but will struggle for headroom at some point in the future.

So you should have no issues with a 2 year-old for a long time yet.

Just a side-note: it can look a bit like a circus clown act when extricating a family of four from an Evora!

• Like 1

Without a question there is more rear seat room in Evora than 911 and the flat seat is more useful in general than the buckets on a 911 or XK.  I think there is more rear headroom in Evora too.  I've had kids sit in the back seat a few times and dogs like the flat seat much better than the buckets.

Realistically nothing behind the driver but OK behind the passenger. Anybody above about 5' tall will not be able to sit upright.

^ pretty much this, although I once fit 2 small girls (both a touch over 5') in the back and 2 guys up front (both ~5'9")

8e0ae21828.jpg

That said, guys won't fit in the back:

fjv1b.jpg

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

My son (18years old) sits sideways in the Evora in the back. this matches for about 1 hour without any problems. He often studies for school in the back and is...quiet. 

I was hoping there would be a stat so I could tell the wife there's no/almost no difference. It will only have my daughter in the back behind my wife and my daughter will be 2. Just surprised there are no stats.

Thanks folks.

This two year old was always snug as a bug! It works. My wife is about 5,5 and can sit in the front with child seat in the back. I often had both my daughters in the back.

It's not ideal but works

post-15194-0-10544300-1435219457.jpg

Good leg room in that picture. My wife is 5,7 so not too dissimilar.

4yr old twins:

0201296C-8AAA-4EA6-8135-787FC94C4433_zps

06F4616D-2BC4-4CFC-8A26-6682BD68E6D1_zps

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel