free hit
counters
Hants meet up - Page 36 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sorry to hear that Peter's car has been declared a write off.  I hope that the insurance company pay out quickly and a suitable new Elise can be sourced.

W/C 12th is probably wise, as we may start to encroach on works Christmas outings if we leave it much later?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I won't be gong the long way round. Esprit has decided to let me down with a knackered starter motor. Still planning on going though!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

1 hour ago, pbharcourt said:

I fitted a geared starter to the Elite and it improved the cold starting massively.

I've never had a problem with the original so going to get it rebuilt by a chap who did a great job on my land rover starter. I've read some negative stuff about the powerlite replacements (as well as positive). Rebuild will be cheaper and might even be able to have it turned around this week and back in the Esprit before Monday...

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Not sure yet if I'll be able to make this one but if I do it'll be in the Jag again. The Esprit is in many pieces in the garage while I wait for oil pump parts, cambelt and various gaskets from SJ and PNM...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Are we still on for this evening gents?  I'm aiming to get there for 7'ish.

It was good to see everyone last night.  Hopefully, there will be no reports of another thatched pub fire following a TLF meet!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks Kev for organising the Christmas meal, it was lush!

Great to catch up with everybody and the women at the night club were amazing, shame the others left so early :D

• Haha 1