free hit
counters
Hants meet up - Page 4 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

26 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

My Movember will be in full effect by then :o

Any requests for where?

The Blue Oyster? :lol:

cotd_email_1409248639_1381673359_00032.j

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bibs I want to like that post but I fear it might frighten Dave off if I did! ;)

Dave, we have much rugby to discuss.

I hear the Berks are having flipping bacon rolls now! Bloody show offs. And technically, that's bribery.

No more Nobby's Nuts this time Dave, we are definitely upping the ante!

Oh dear Lord, thought it was Wednesday. Just about to post that the Turbo is back and ready for action!

So sorry, what an utter fool, I blame my kids.

Too late to salvage anything?

:blush:

3 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Oh dear Lord, thought it was Wednesday. Just about to post that the Turbo is back and ready for action!

So sorry, what an utter fool, I blame my kids.

Too late to salvage anything?

:blush:

No...

Come to the Alternative Hants Meet

B-)

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

I think my posts need a disclaimer from now on:

Any views or opinions presented in this thread are solely those of the idiot author and do not necessarily represent those of the Hants region. Hants will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the member responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising from his stupidity and absent mindedness. Henceforth, blaming his children and/or wife will not be deemed sufficient grounds for failing to meet his basic drinking responsibilites. He needs to sharpen up or bugger off to join the Berks and not come back!

22 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I think my posts need a disclaimer from now on:

Any views or opinions presented in this thread are solely those of the idiot author and do not necessarily represent those of the Hants region. Hants will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the member responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising from his stupidity and absent mindedness. Henceforth, blaming his children and/or wife will not be deemed sufficient grounds for failing to meet his basic drinking responsibilites. He needs to sharpen up or bugger off to join the Berks and not come back!

It's a one way street Jonny...

berkshire_flag.gif

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

(sh) it happens.

No biggy.

Was more worried that you'd broken down or worse.

Got back at 2030 and only just picked up the updates. 

Hands off Hants Alan.

I would have loved to come to the Hoffmans event but have been told that we're going Chrimbo shopping instead :( 

• 1 month later...

You know me Dave, always up for something, even when I don't show up! 

The forecast for next Thursday's is looking OK at the moment. But if I might have to put a Lotus badge on the Jeep is it all turns grisly.

I'm actually going to see Vincent Haydon tomorrow who lives locally and has set up a Lotus business in the area. He used to run a successful dealership in Salisbury. Perhaps we could do something with him? He has some interesting cars for sale at the moment plus lots of memorabilia. Might be better for a Saturday perhaps than in the pitch dark but I'll put it to him and see what he says.

If anyone's seen a bright yellow G Turbo around Lymington, then that's the Elf car that was for sale a few years ago. A very rare colour for a G-Turbo car and looks amazing. Vincent knows the owner so I'll ask for his contact details and try and extend and invitation to him to come and join us. We will then radicalize him and send him back out into the world to preach the gospel of St. Colin! 

:secret:

:cheers:

• Gold FFM

Any thoughts on where to meet - or shall we wait and see who else chips in?

I remember the dealership in Salisbury - we used to pass it on our journey's to and from South Wales when living in Lee-on-Solent.  I always used to make my Dad slow down as we drove past.  That's brought back a load of memories!

Definitely up for something if he is.

I know who owns the yellow G-Turbo if it's this one...

10258946_10154090352020261_3508891988850

I've tried to get him along previously, but it's really not his thing!

Yes that must be the car. Perhaps if he knew it was just likely to be just you and me Dave meeting up for quiet pint, he wouldn't mind bringing that beauty along (if it helps you could mention that I'm likely to not show either!). I wonder what he imagines we might get up to? For what it's worth I'm not really one for 'meets' either and have always prefered 'drives' where possible, but it's great to smoke the local cars out and meet some automatically like-minded owners.

The time with Vincent Haydon was fascinating, he really has amassed a treasure trove of cars and memorabilia. He only lives the other side of Sway. I did mention to him that we'd love to pay him a visit and he was open to the idea if not quite ecstatic at the prospect (can't say I blame him!). In fact he told me about a car that's coming in soon that we'd all be welcome to come and see. I can't say too much as it's a bit hush, hush but it has fewer than 4000 miles on the clock. But he won't have it for a bit so something for the Spring perhaps, I'm thinking one Saturday morning or something before a drive out to a forest pub for lunch. All I have to do is buy his very nice Excel from the same collection and he'll get 'the other one' down for us to dribble all over. Jeez, the things I do for Hants....

Now winter's over Thursday's looking good. No idea where. How about the Red Lion in Boldre? A decent expanse of car park there.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/''/the+red+lion+in+boldre/@50.7836648,-1.6195289,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x487386ed66fa8185:0x9a82363a73eea30e!2m2!1d-1.5494893!2d50.7836858

There's some great roads around the excellently named 'The Drift Inn' - though I suggest no-one takes this too literally!:

http://www.driftinn.co.uk/find-Drift-Inn-pub/

Again though probably better to leave that one for better weather and longer nights.

We have quite some floods around here today, can we postpone to next week?

Might have a chance to drum up a bit more enthusiasm from the Hants massive.

How much do we have to visit The Drift Inn anyway? It's right down the road from the donut shop and opposite the burnout cafe.

:driving:

• Gold FFM

Not been home since Monday (my life rocks...) - OH said it's bad, but didn't realise it was that bad!

No probs.  

I'm guessing you meant "How about" as opposed to what you wrote.  Go get another coffee :P

No, literally how much do we have to visit the Drift Inn? The answer being - a lot. But when the days are longer, not much point going there in pitch dark.

Could do tomorrow night if the waters subside but the road around the Red Lion is very susceptible to flooding. Will take a look tomorrow morning and report back.

I really need it to stop flipping raining now. 2 inches more inches and the garage will start flooding. If it does that I'm emigrating. Rubbish country for a nice car!