free hit
counters
3-Eleven Picture & Video Thread - Page 2 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

3-Eleven Picture & Video Thread

auRouge

You really need to see this:

Looks and sounds AMAZING!

Note the 7k redline same as the E400. That's a shame as I was hoping for a higher redline than the current cars. But love the TFT tach. What a weapon!

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it's already being held up by £140k's worth of 991 GT3RS! Porsche drivers better get used to the view in their mirrors. While many people seem to think the 311 is expensive, I don't think GT3RS owners will.

• Like 1

I was a member of his Pit Crew when he raced an Exige in the N24 a couple of years back*. He certainly knows his way around there by now!

*Didn't end well, but an experience of a lifetime! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

It does look like it is on rails going through those corners......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I was a member of his Pit Crew when he raced an Exige in the N24 a couple of years back*. He certainly knows his way around there by now!

*Didn't end well, but an experience of a lifetime! :D

Would that be time when Roger 'fireball' Green performed the quickest ever exit of an Exige known to humanity?!

I'd just refuelled the car about 4 mins before that happened!! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

OK, thanks Bibs - as I said I'm a noob and was just interested but it makes sense, I guess this is not the "standard" road setup they were using but the track one.

Thanks for improving my understanding / knowledge of things mechanical. ;)

tall first gear also, probably goes up to about ~70mph in 1st.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

I'd just refuelled the car about 4 mins before that happened!! 

A ha.  So now we know who left the fuel cap off to spill on hot bits.   :getmecoat:

Apart from that does anybody else think from some angles it reminds me a bit like Ronin's modified 211 over in California?  That isn't a bad thing by the way.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

When the helicopters started following I did have a look around on the floor for it! Gladly it was securely stuck in the place it should be on the car...

• Like 2

Evora NA

• 3 weeks later...

Better than the Lotus factory Evora 400 sales website already!  Excellent.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 1 month later...

Nice, looks like a photo! :)

Evora NA

I have a few photos on my harddrive from when I was at the Ring. Do I have to upload them to a hosting site and link them to here?

test

D7K_1036_zpsb6xxra4d.jpg

Can't deny, would love a GT3

:sofa:

Edit: Just noticed the orange GT3 RS in one of those photos too... 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• 3 months later...

CYxadopWMAEZQXR.jpg

CYxaQI3WMAAdu3i.jpg

CYxZ9LFWQAEkDLH.jpg

CYxZwOFWQAQP6U5 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Evora NA

Very nice car but a bit OTT for a toy when you add up the extras especially £3,500/£4,000 for a paint job. Not a lot of car to paint !!

Also how come a carbon seat for the driver is  £800 but for the passenger  £2,000 surely a mistake 

£2,500 for 2 way dampers and £2,500 for a fire extingusher, come on Lotus get real

?? Cow much!! Agreed, stunning and I'd do almost anything for one but v expensive toy!!

The carbon seats price is a bit weird.. but it's probably the drivers seat that's too cheap maybe? Carbon seats in a prancing horse are more than double the pax seat in the 3-11...

Extras are scandalous but you have the success and profitability of the Germans to thank for that. Even the Japanese have abandoned the 'fully loaded as standard' policy. Lotus were one of the last few with more reasonably priced extras and guess what, they need to increase the margin on every car and look what happened next! The Germans started it but the Italians ran with it, you can put £80k worth of options on a Ferrari 488!

Given the 311 will kick it into next week for the price of some options you have to reconsider what's being offered here. With the BAC Mono's price being hiked from around £85k to £150k basic, the 311 is starting to look better value. Shame the fast car market comprises mainly of posers who can't drive, I think the sight of a BAC Mono in London would reduce me to tears! We're it otherwise Lotus would be placed to do quite well with the 311.

My guess with the seats, and it is pure speculation, but could it be that you only get one seat as standard so going for one carbon drivers seat gets you some money back for your grp seat?

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

My guess with the seats, and it is pure speculation, but could it be that you only get one seat as standard so going for one carbon drivers seat gets you some money back for your grp seat?

This. :)

Evora NA