free hit
counters
3-Eleven Picture & Video Thread - Page 4 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

3-Eleven Picture & Video Thread

auRouge

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

image.jpeg

I got to drive this today! Massive thanks to @Charlotte and @Bibs for organising and B&C for allowing it. Amazing, amazing car.

I recon it's about a car-and-a-half more than I can handle though.

• Like 1

Very funny Stu!

i thinking my buying decision was made when I spun it! I think I'll stick to something with around half the power - my Elise will do just fine (for now)!

What an awesome bit of kit. Even as a passenger I could appreciate this car redefines what a decent handling car is all about. Supple but firm with loads of feedback and character.

It's a no compromise demonstration of ultimate handling, I could feel it anchoring onto the road at speeds you really don't think achieveable on road tyres (it has MPSC2's on it). Last time I felt that sort of force was in an SR3 Radical on slicks.. The 3-11 is incredible and VERY quick, laps flew past as if we were in a different time zone! 

It's what Lotus does better than any other manufacturer in the world. I really hope the rear end design filters into the new Elise etc.. It's sharp, contemporary and very cool.

@Bibs Great to see you and your gorgeous 111s out in the sunshine, another fantastic track day organised by Maxine and the team at B & C 10/10 ??

image.jpeg

• Like 1

@Gm77

Anyone want to see the video? :lol:

20160606_111859.jpg

20160606_111908.jpg

20160606_144648.jpg

20160606_144739.jpg

20160606_144748.jpg

20160606_112035.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 hours ago, Stubox said:

Just one bit of it... :)

Always happy to laugh at myself.

You'll then see me crestfallen and massively apologetic to David.

10 minutes ago, Gm77 said:

You'll then see me crestfallen and massively apologetic to David.

The video has been very sympathetically edited. It's just uploading now :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Will be uploaded by 7pm, rural life eh! 

Evora NA

And for those interested, the spin was followed by continuous apologies, me getting out the car and kissing the ground repeatedly, and then the final part of the session where I was driving like I was in a 2CV! 

• Like 1

Just now, The Pits said:

How did you manage that?! Did you have the dpm fully off? Respect! I didn't think that was possible! 

Everything was fully on. It was just my bad driving. A combination of wrong line, too fast into the corner, and steering input that wasn't smooth enough. 

I think I have been spoiled by my Elise which is very forgiving. The 3-11 wasn't ...!

Thanks Stuart.

You are right, I am very chuffed, and immensely grateful to all who organised my drive. It really was an amazing experience and an amazing, amazing machine. I'm a very lucky person and all who are expecting delivery will not be disappointed. 

(I just wish I was a better driver.?)

Not really sure how you did that Greg, looked like you had made it past the apex. On the power too early perhaps but the traction control should have dealt with that if so.

I'd guess too much speed in then trailing throttle through the apex (or even a dab of brake?) while adding lock equals backwards.

Evora NA

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I'd guess too much speed in then trailing throttle through the apex (or even a dab of brake?) while adding lock equals backwards.

My best guess is as Bibs predicted, although no brake. David's feedback was that I need to be more smooth with my steering input. That combined with too much speed and being off line resulting in additional lock, caused the spin.

Sounds like I need to go through the Lotus Academy! I'll drop some hints at home. It's my birthday in a few months.?

:thumbup:

:driving:

Evora NA

16 minutes ago, JG220 said:

Crikey, the most boring video of the most exciting car. 

Sorry. I don't think David would have been overly happy though if I'd started doing doughnuts at Goowood! ?

Greg

4 minutes ago, JG220 said:

all it needed was for the camera to face the other way :)

I think @Bibs set it up to be a 'vom-cam', but was sadly disappointed!

2 hours ago, JG220 said:

all it needed was for the camera to face the other way :)

Sometimes things are about the people involved rather than the entertainment of others. 

Evora NA