free hit
counters
3-Eleven Picture & Video Thread - Page 3 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3-Eleven Picture & Video Thread

auRouge

1915223_979001962155771_5674813058389869

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The more pictures of the 311 I see the more I just go phwoarrrrr

Want one.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
On 19/01/2016 at 08:17, DaveC72 said:

Me too.  Unless my circumstances dramatically change it will remain an object of lust, sadly.

Yes. It's picture will join Nigella's and Kylie's on my "lust wall" in the garage. No there's a threesome....  hahaha.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Road or race, take your pick :D

12549015_10205675775670912_2418131770004538254_n.jpg

12565591_10205675774950894_4905901415454745089_n.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Now that I see the race version with the FIA rollcage, I'd very much to see a coupe version of that thing. As much as this car shares most of its underpinning with the Exige for the tub and the Evora for it's powertrain and rear subframe , the design is so different that I would really really like to see a closed top version of this thing. 

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 2

They are pretty aren't they? If they keep going, I wonder what a 4-11 will look like?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

8 hours ago, NedaSay said:

...As much as this car shares most of its underpinning with the Exige for the tub and the Evora for it's powertrain and rear subframe....

For information Nico; It actually has its own unique chassis, the sills are a lot higher, the powertrain also has a lot of its own tweaks and the rear subframe is an Exige one (an Evora is wider so is very different to the 3-11/Exige):thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

12669620_936982553038542_914154314572132

• Like 1

Evora NA

This is the development car, they are probably allowed some leeway on what they can run on the road as prototypes being a manufacturer. It also has the Xtrac sequential gearbox in it with the flatshift system which would not be allowed for road use usually.

Flatshift on a sequential gearbox is when you change gear with your foot still nailed to the floor and use no clutch, this requires an automatic throttle cut at just the right time to allow the gears to go in smoothly. However there are laws and rules guiding electronic throttles for road use. From what I recall the throttle pedal and throttle position can't go more than 10% out of sync with each other else it will shut the system down, this is to prevent a stuck open throttle position what with having no mechanical connection between the two.

They have to disable this system to allow the flatshift to work at the point you shift gear your pedal position is wide open but the throttle body end is closed.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-01-22 at 22:31, NedaSay said:

Now that I see the race version with the FIA rollcage, I'd very much to see a coupe version of that thing. As much as this car shares most of its underpinning with the Exige for the tub and the Evora for it's powertrain and rear subframe , the design is so different that I would really really like to see a closed top version of this thing. 

+1 to that.

Thinking out of the box completely and considering the non door design of the 3-eleven, putting a hinged canopy roof on that thing, of course as light-weight as possible with minimum glass + maximum carbon, could do the trick. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_canopy

Edited by kokostrollet

7 hours ago, Stephanie said:

Lotus 3-11 and ... friends. 

Thank you for posting the pictures. It looks the proper tool for the job. Lot of very nice aero touches all over the car if you look for them. Stephanie, can you take a picture of the underside?  I presume a flat paneled bottom? How about the rear end, a diffuser? Bright color suits it :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

:wub:

311.jpg

• Like 1

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...

Evora NA

• 4 weeks later...

TLF were live streaming from the launch of GT Sport at the Copper Box in Stratford today...

Evora NA

Reach of over 30,000 on facebook and almost 9,000 views but not one comment on here! Miserable sods! Maybe I should have worn a Chewbacca mask...

20160521_193614.thumb.jpg.da4fddc2f04e3b

Evora NA