free hit
counters
Creaking Clutch Fork - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Creaking Clutch Fork

The title says it all. As I depress my clutch pedal there is a noticeable creaking noise from the clutch fork area, which I can 'feel' through the pedal.

All hydraulics are new and the push rod is well greased so I deduce that the noise must be coming from the fork itself as it pivots.

Thoughts?? Can any lubrication be added? Does this indicate another problem?

Clutch operates fine otherwise...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to get a slight creak and "wobble" through the pedal. I just put it down to character, but eventually the fork snapped. The garage who replaced it said it had possibly been misaligned in the last clutch change.

Not saying that's going to happen with yours obviously, but if you can't find any other faults worth checking

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I don't get any wobble, just the creak. Was just hoping something might need oiling... Haven't had time to investigate further yet as had a fence to paint today.

I guess 'checking' the fork means gearbox out?

So maybe my ball needs lubricating (!)

I'll have a look through the dust cover and see if there's any possibility of getting some lubricant onto it without contaminating the clutch itself. Something tells me I'll be living with it for now though...

Didn't get much chance to look at this today but a quick look suggests I won't be able to do much from the 'outside'.

Interestingly i noticed today that it's silent when cold and only creaks once everything is hot under there.

Anyway, my purge pump is fixed (again) and my carbs are now mounted on the correct o ring plates so at least there's some good news!