free hit
counters
Lost another S4s to Douglas valley breakers. - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lost another S4s to Douglas valley breakers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are weapons-grade a-holes...

That's shattered my illusion of you Mike. Imagine my disappointment when I went to resolve a power fault at Keira knightlys recently........

I've no idea what 'breaker' is in Swedish. When it comes to making myself understood in a foreign country, or language, I've generally followed the age-old British way of adding an 'O' on the end of e

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

There's only 4 of mine.....

Still don't feel guilty sticking the metal to the fibreglass !!!!

Enjoy Ian enjoy

Only here once

He's started to advertise the sunroof on eBay for £295 with separate auctions for the left and right handles. Even the seal will be sold separately!

I emailed yesterday asking about the availability of a part I'm after ............... :tumbleweed:

I also had the unfortunate experience of calling them a few months ago............ :tumbleweed:

Do they speak English....................... :tumbleweed:

Simplest things first.

I wonder how much for the glass sunroof?

Would like to fit one on my car.

I think it's about time we looked into fabricating plexi alternatives, these fetch daft money now. Weren't the handles off something common?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I emailed yesterday asking about the availability of a part I'm after ............... :tumbleweed:

I also had the unfortunate experience of calling them a few months ago............ :tumbleweed:

Do they speak English....................... :tumbleweed:

Of course not, they're northerners.

Margate Exotics.

I think it's about time we looked into fabricating plexi alternatives, these fetch daft money now. Weren't the handles off something common?

Yeah it's becoming a bit silly. I'm thinking of fabricating my own, but "extended" to close all the gaps around the sunroof area, with extra insulation material extending down to the drain channels and some sound-deadening material on the inside, to combat wind noise. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Hi Guys Mike Brewer here.Not the one from the tv ..Very sad end to a very rare car.Such a shame....Mike

When we came over we were very happy to see you weren't the chap from TV! Don't think I would have bought the Esprit otherwise. :2guns: Which would have been a shame, 'cause I'm really enjoying it!

Plexy for the sunroof sounds like a great idea! And for the big glass plane on the tailgate of the Turbo SE as well, that would be proper weight saving!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Yes Paul they did sell something once....

I bought the steel header tanks for £39. Gave them a dip in hydrochloric and painted in heat resistant. Lovely.

Mind you the things were on the site for months.

Regards

Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

I'm guessing times have changed somewhat! Back in the late 90's I bought several Porsche 944 & 928 parts from them ( that was all they dealt with back then) and found their prices were ok and they were good to deal with !!

not too bad for under a bullseye.

post-16074-0-06461000-1435833514.jpg

post-16074-0-43401400-1435833535.jpg

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Ive just been to douglas valley and had the rear no plate plinth off the S4S, i need to get a new twin header tank or a good refurb? Is that for sale in the photo?

He seemed a nice bloke at douglas valley, theres alot of stock stacked up there that must take a long time to re coupe the costs.

The wheels are on ebay, alot of money but theyll probably go to one of us on here

Yeah it's becoming a bit silly. I'm thinking of fabricating my own, but "extended" to close all the gaps around the sunroof area, with extra insulation material extending down to the drain channels and some sound-deadening material on the inside, to combat wind noise. 

If a plexi replacement roof was the same thickness as the fibreglass panel, at least around the edges, it would negate the need for an additional taller seal, then the 2 panels really would be easily interchangeable

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

My previous Esprit V8GT, written off on black ice, ended up with them. Front and rear destroyed, rear wheels ripped out of the gearbox and the body ripped off the chassis at several points. I had it shipped to Hethel - parts alone, no VAT, no labour, no paint - £27k. And that would be after the chassis had been straightened and a new gearbox sourced.

DVB put it up as a 'minor front and rear damage' repair job - for £10k.........

That ad specifically stated 'no chassis damage' too, when that was the issue which wrote the car off. I called them out on it and the owner of DV questioned the size of my knob, very professional. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'm intrigued to learn how you would shape a Perspex panel to mirror the original roof? The other thing about Perspex is it looks like shit after a while, glass looks much better, although it is of course heavier.

I've never used the composite roof section, so I'll have to see what the gaps are like.

Margate Exotics.

They are totally deranged. £750 for the tail gate.

£132 for one rear wheel arch extension. Is the Baffoon serious.

I wanted those freaking arches.