free hit
counters
NMEG welcomes 007 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

NMEG welcomes 007

Backmarker

To welcome (2)007 NMEG will, weather permitting, be hooning about on Sunday the 7th January. :)

The plan is to meet at 9.30am at the Little Chef at Whitchurch for coffee and bacon butties.

From there we'll make our way to Newport via the Lamb (which sadly won't be open for coffee) and then pick up the A519 through Eccleshall. We'll stop for coffee (and pee-stop) at either the Darlaston Inn (A34/A51 jct) or at The Posthouse Hotel at Jct15 of the M6. Both have good car parks.

Once drivers and passangers have re-fuelled, we'll head for Woore on the A51 and then the A525 to Audlem. We'll then use the A529 to take us to our usual meeting point, the Gingerbread Man in Mkt Drayton, where for a change, we'll finish.

I've not clocked it but my map suggests about 65 miles.

Anyone interested please sign in below.

We'll keep an eye on the weather and if we need to cancel, we'll post it on the forum.

Looking forward to seeing you all in 2007.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in, see you next Sunday

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

looking forward to seeing you on sunday, Alex

Graham, I presume the Little Chef is the one next to the Esso station not the one just down the road at Prees?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Mat,

Be good if you could make it.

Howard,

Yes it's the one on the roundabout by the petrol if (if Little Chef is still in business come Sunday :blink: )

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

the other one is also by a roundabout with petrol, the one we want is next to the esso station, if thay are not open, couple of transport cafes just down the road..

Mat hope you can make it..?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Well done Mat

Both the Daves are unusually quiet :D

Graham.

tell her it could be your last chance ever to eat in a Little Chef, historic occasion etc

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Ian,

Hopefully we'll see you in February then.

Cheers,

Graham.

Some people............ :P

Roundabout jct of A49 with all points West ie, A495 Oswestry/A525 Wrexham/A539Llangollen.

It's also the Little Chef that you and I and Howard met at the beginning of last year. Adjacent to petrol station and you'll have to go roundabout and back up the dual carriageway to get the slip road.

Got it now? B)

See you tomorrow :)

Where's the Dodge-Meister :P

I PM'd him in the week but no response :(

Anyone know anything? :P

Will we see him tomorrow? Sure hope so :)

Graham.

Some nice piccies there Mat.

Great roads spoilt slightly by the rain and those irritating Sunday drivers.

Thanks to Simon for the coffee and see you all again (except Alex) for next months Top Secret mission.

Cheers,

Graham.

Nice photos Mat, I especially like the one of me along side (cool dude in the green car..haha!)

It was a good run fellas, I am thinking it was esprits 1 weather 1 today ( and the weather won after extra time with the sunday drivers rule). Looking forward to the next one I can attend.

cheers

Alex

PS : Ta to Graham & Simon for the pit stop refuelling.

Edited by Alex --GT3--

What a great start to the New Year a seven Esprit hoon... thanks to Graham (backmarker) for organising and stumping up for breakfast and thanks also to Simon for the drinks at the Holiday Inn.

Thanks everyone for making the effort to turn up on a miserable Sunday morning, not the best conditions for the Esprit but we all had a great time.

Next NMEG meet Sunday 4th February meet at the Gingerbread Man, A53 Market Drayton then we go on to a top secret location, watch the events thread for further details...

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yes, i'll second all that.

Had a run over to Repton (off A50 near Willington/back road to Donnington) and the water was quite bad. Got back about 2.30 and took the kids swimming; i just couldn't get enough...........least i got some brownie points back!!

Anyway nice to see everyone and look forward to our next hoon.The drinks are definetley cheaper at the secret bunker......not that i would know because it doesn't exist...

thanks for the coffee Simon, it was a shorter run for me and feeling a lot better today.

and thanks again Graham for organising it :)

hopefully the weather will be drier on the 4th, maybe i should start giving a weather forecast again ( every time i said it wasn't looking good for a run - it turned out fine :lol: )

is it me or has the price of coffee gone sky high :(

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

is it me or has the price of coffee gone sky high :rolleyes:

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

tried to get a pic , but she saw me with the camera..sorry

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.