free hit
counters
2bular exhaust - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jordan

2bular exhaust

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So that's closed (silenced) have you heard it open (unsilenced)?

Fitment normal good 2bular quality?

The valve isn't working at the moment, it comes with a remote which you press the button to open the valve but Garry the lotus mechanic said there is something wrong with the mechanism which operates the valve so he is going to phone Jim tomorrow and explain and see what the solution is, it might just be something silly but in the closed position it sounds great i think personally, hope you enjoyed the video 

That. Sounds. Fruity. :thumbsup:

Very nice indeed - and if that's "closed", I very much look forward to the "open" video!

The fault was an over heating solenoid which should be replaced this Friday so i'll make sure i get a video of it 

I'd be interested to know where Jim has located the valve as Lotus put a vent on the undertray of the MY11 Evora S for this reason and subsequently relocated the valve on MY12 exhausts to aid its cooling.

Edit - sounds lovely by the way :)

Edited by JAWS

Im pretty sure the valve is on the left hand side if your looking at it from the back of the car..

Solenoid fixed, no big problem :) Exhaust sounds ridiculously good! Gary who fitted it at Murrays couldn't keep the smile of his face, neither could i driving home, 

Great service from Jim to get me the exhaust in time for next weeks Royal Highland Scottish Car Show which my car will be appearing in, 

www.2bular.co.uk

Quick question.  Do all MY12 and later cars have a valved exhaust or is it only the Evora S?

Both N/A and S post MY12 have a valved Silencer (Janspeed) albeit with different tail pipes. Apart from federal versions they all have a decat pipe and the downpipe became universal too. Prior to MY12 only the S had a valved Silencer (Unipart).

The Video will possibly be Sunday evening weather depending guys....i must say it sounds unreal ! 

i have just put my car up for sale aswel on the forums so who ever buys it is going to have an instant smile on there face ! 

I'm pretty sure in saying i am the first NA Evora with Jims newly valved system,

Why sell after fitting the exhaust?

Does seem odd, spend £1000 on an exhaust and then sell the car!?

And no, you're not the first.

Kali (Tom) has same exhaust fitted 5 or 6 weeks ago. Plus I think there is at least 1 other Scotsman with it.

The more I think about it, I can't understand the logic.

You buy an exhaust and then put the car up for sale the very next day?

Surely you would have just canceled the exhaust?

I am pretty sure unless it has changed substantially Gav (21GG) had jims valved exhaust on his 2010 NA the best part of two years ago. That car is now owned by another TLF member

£36495 for a private sale 2010 NA with Sport & Tech on 29000 miles!

Good luck with that! I'd say it's nearly £10000 over valued.

Good 2010 cars with good specs are going for around the £30 - £33k at the dealers, so private I would expect to see it up for £29k with a offer around £27.5k to 28k probably sealing it - so  not far off that £10k over valuation. 

Hmmm, having now owned my 2010 Evora (bought from a Lotus dealer for around £30 - £32k with 15.5k miles on it (sport pack, CR, Lotus Sport exhaust) since April, so 3 months, I have to say I am still loving her and would not consider selling her unless I really really really needed the cash, which may the situation here.

No, I'm happy to stick with her for now - yes, she's not the fastest (but fast enough for me), or the loudest  (but I can fix that!  :smoke: ), or even the youngest, but damn, she is still one of the best looking gal's at the dance, still a belle at the ball!  

The exhaust will certainly attract the sale anyway! if can easily be removed and original one put back on and i'll sell it separately, I am going to buy a new house so selling the car will help towards things,

im not in any rush to sell I'm not hard up for cash, the price of the car is what the price is and I'm not dropping it just because someone else thinks its not worth that :) 

the car couldn't be in a better position for a new buyer, service and mot done in the past two weeks, four new pirelli ordered which are being fitted next Friday, car is stunning and well looked after! 

:harhar:

Good luck with the house purchase and the sale Jordan. I'm sure you'll sleep better in  the house but it will not be as much fun as the Evora.  ;)

• Like 1

Good luck with the house purchase and the sale Jordan. I'm sure you'll sleep better in  the house but it will not be as much fun as the Evora.   ;)

+1

And just because you're selling your car, we still expect the video with the valve open ;)

Does seem odd, spend £1000 on an exhaust and then sell the car!?

And no, you're not the first.

Kali (Tom) has same exhaust fitted 5 or 6 weeks ago. Plus I think there is at least 1 other Scotsman with it.

Must agree here. When I saw it go up, I was a little confused to see the exhaust was only on for a week or two before it went up for grabs. 

For those who are interested in the sale, I can certainly say the exhaust would not (or should not) be the reason for sale. It's absolutely brilliant, and wel worth fitting to an NA. I'll get a video up next weekend hopefully of the valve and non-valve option (albeit i've been promising for a while!).

Technically 21gg was the first to have a valved option but that was a one-off fitted via the heated rear window - in essence, meaning the valved exhaust was only on for a couple of minutes (and unpredictable duriation) before it automatically switched off - also then meant the heated rear window button was defunct. Jim's got a new exhaust model that works on a remote, and therefore doesn't require any rewiring of the electrics. 

So far, there are three valved exhausts out there - with atleast two others coming to the south of England :) 

Tom,

re - 

"Jim's got a new exhaust model that works on a remote, and therefore doesn't require any rewiring of the electrics."

I'm assuming that the remote has a battery obviously, but how does the valve get power to open / shut (sorry if I'm being really dumb here,certainly not trying to be a smart arse, but Mecanno was as far as my engineering skills ever got!)