free hit
counters
Evora Roadster - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
FredP

Evora Roadster

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Actually, thinking about it, a roof panel which is stored under the front bonnet? The Italians got there first:

fs_fiat_x19_1980_green.jpg

But it's a well known fact that owners on public forums have a much better idea than the manufacturer as to how the design should have been executed.

Indeed, sometimes it is the case.

I assume that if the term "Front" was used it was meant in the context of Cabin as apposed to Boot.

As I've said before my before my preferred solution would be to have two removable panels like the TVR T350t, preferably in glass (loved the Evora 414e roof). They could be secured in removable bags/socks that clip into the isofix so that you could still utilise the 2+2 format when needed (obviously not at the same time). A 2+0 would rule the car out for me personally.

Well maybe just maybe the targa lover should let JMG know about their desire to see a Targa version of the evora.  After all it would be relatively easy to engineer considering the roof is not a structural piece of the chassis  the B pillar would easily accomodate a hard panel removable roof à la Exige V6S It could easily be stored on the rear deck of the 2+0.

Which won't help the people that want to keep it a 2+2.

I would think Lotus need to work it out for everyone. Don't know if they read TLF (or care much what is said)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

As I am sure Bibs will testify, Lotus do read TLF. I had a response from Mr Esprit himself Brian Angus a few years back when I posted a query about an electrical glitch in the dash. And I have responses from JMG when I emailed him shortly after he took the helm. They do read/listen......

I originally thought I'd like to see engine under glass,  but you know what?  I don't.  Not worth it and the body color with venting is pretty sharp too.  They could style the vents to add flare. 

How about instead of four "seats" at least a practical rear cargo area?  Could be 1' deep, but that's enough to check mark the "practical" box in sports car speak.  Cloth roof looks fine when well fitted.  S2000 is a great example.  Use the same material with a thin liner of nice look; that's it.  Will fold up neat and tight.  No touchless latches. 

As I am sure Bibs will testify, Lotus do read TLF. I had a response from Mr Esprit himself Brian Angus a few years back when I posted a query about an electrical glitch in the dash. And I have responses from JMG when I emailed him shortly after he took the helm. They do read/listen......

Fair enough :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

A roof panel that stores over the boot could be interesting. I think there was some Italian car that did that years ago. Can't remember which one but at the time I thought it worked well.

DanR

A roof panel that stores over the boot could be interesting. I think there was some Italian car that did that years ago. Can't remember which one but at the time I thought it worked well.

The targa top of my mum's old FIAT X1/9 was stored over the boot space (just under the bootlid). But of course the boot space was at the front and the front opened...., so that's no good for an Evora.

I fear that the 2+2 option may not be possible if the panel(s) is stored behind the seats, which rules me out as a potential buyer.

I'd imagine it's a magazine misquoting him in truth and will ask the factory to contact the mag tomorrow to correct the error.

Done. I'd imagine this article will be updated shortly.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2+0 for me, never got the idea of a tiny rear seat. Neither in the Evora nor in Peugot 206 CC... The one thing that keeps me away from the Exile Roadster is the lack of luggage space. My Evora is great in that sense but I miss the possibility to take of the roof when the sun eventually shine here up north (having had an Opel Speedster (/VX220) before). Was drooling over a 430 convertible last weekend and would seriously considering a convertible Evora if that comes up any time soon.

Nice rendering and more info in today's Autocar.

Just a mod of an existing image, but for your delight and delectation:

Evora%20conv%20autocar_zps8hqlygwo.jpg 

Article from Autocar 8th July, crooked page courtesy of me 9th July.

• Like 1

Behind the front wheels? :huh:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You got there first! :huh:  Also that rendering is showing a lot more than 6Kg worth of roof panels missing so typical Autocar fill a page with drivel, don't proof it and publish.  How often do they do that?

I suppose 2 x 3Kg roof panels removed from a Targa/Elise style roof section and stored behind the front seats when back aren't in use is what we expected to read.  If so then  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Well at least it is a very nice rendering from Autocar, pretty much in line with the roof mechanism that JMG talked about back in february, same basic cinematics as a McLaren 650S. The side air intakes are nicely integrated in the roll hoops design on this one and it's impossible not to see the connection with the 3 Eleven's. 

I love the bit that says: " We will be cashflow profitable in this financial year and profitable in the financial year beginning 1 April 2016..."

From the moment JMG and the staff achieve this everything will be possible in terms of new models, on the company's own money.

I'm amazed a journalist and publication are plain stupid enough to print that Lotus haven't made a profit in the last 60 years...

• Like 1

Evora NA