free hit
counters
Fresh milk or Soya Milk - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Fresh milk or Soya Milk

diego

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nope. Real milk is yummy, love it! When I was younger we used to get it directly from the local farmer within minutes of it coming out of the cow! It went into a stirring machine/chiller and then we picked it up. No pastuerisation or anything.

I still have a glass before bed every night :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Does it not taste weird?

I've drunk skimmed milk my entire adult life and I'm still 'cuddly' so following on from health revelations that certain fats are good for you recently I now drink whole milk instead. Tastes like milk rather than weak milky water, much nicer! 89p for 4 pints earlier today too! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

The OH has been "dairy free" for a couple of years now.  Apart from Milk Chocolate, as apparently "that doesn't count".

Personally, I'm not a fan, but don't find it objectionable.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ummmm - it's come from the cows.

If unscrupulous farmers drug the cows - through it goes to us.

There are drugs for cows that have no withdrawal period from milking - and others that must be withdrawn.

Who really knows......

I always thought them frozen lasagnas were tasting funny.....

Only here once

its alright for you lot in the sticks... 

you don't get speed humps and can just milk a random cow when thirsty.  :unworthy:

us urban types get 'everything' in a processed package lol. 

seriously though, the soya stuff isn't that bad (even in coffee), just seems a logical way to keep animal fats out and the other stuff previously mentioned. was just hoping for some experienced feedback.... 

had an enormous rare T Bone from this lot http://www.northfieldfarm.com/last night so its all about finding a balance lol 

There are nil withhold antibiotics for cows - but they don't cross the blood milk barrier and so don't get in the milk. Other antibiotics have strict withhold periods and ALL milk sold is tested for antibiotic residues before it is accepted at then dairy. So there are no antibiotics in the milk you drink.

Farmers will have their milk rejected at the dairy if they fail and don't get paid so a tank failure is VERY expensive to them. Believe me quality checks on milk from farms are very rigorous, ONE cow under treatment can fail a whole tank so the risk is not worth taking.

Incidentally milk is between 3% and 4% fat when whole and less when skimmed, so is not 'high fat' anyway.

I used the 3%~4% argument with my dietician (who I am seeing after my stroke) to lose some weight. She now has me on low milk (and other things) to avoid saturated fats. I also have to avoid a lot of salt, which is damned difficult since it is just about in everything you buy packaged.

I can deal with lo-fat milk in my coffee, but am not so sure about on my porridge.

according to her, it is not the amount of saturated fats but the simple existence of them that can cause me grief again.

I am seriously concerned that I may end up on celery pieces with a nice water dip soon, if she has her way.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

A quote from Wikipedia...

1. Foods that are claimed to be negative in calories are mostly low-calorie fruits and vegetables such as celerygrapefruit, lemon, lime, lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage. These foods are not negative-calorie foods. There is no scientific evidence to show that any of these foods have a negative calorific impact.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've never heard the term negative in calories. I have heard that eating celery uses more calories than the celery provides, eating, swallowing, digesting etc, therefore an overall negative as Dave said. Maybe it doesn't.

It's simply that we hear, or read, or even think what we want. I used to eat Uncle Toby's Triple Berry 90 second oats. Full of sugar (and it's not from the berries in it). I now cook regular Uncle Toby's Oats, add no sugar and have them with Lo-Fat milk.

I never thought to read the ingredients labelling. I mean, it was Uncle Toby's.

Do it a lot more now.

Back to the original post, If you want to try it, try it. I would also recommend getting some good advice as well.

(disclaimer: I have no idea where good advice comes from)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

• Gold FFM

When growing up our milk came direct from the cow, sometimes still warm, then we would make the cheese and butter. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

I should have added that my dietician sad it takes about 6 weeks for our taste buds to be completely renewed on our tongue. So you could expect that it may take a while until you are used to the taste change.

Raw mushrooms are very low as well....I like them covered in a garlic infused olive oil/balsamic vinegar.....sort of beats the point of low calorie but very yummy

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

I'm less worried about any anti-biotics from cow's milk and more worried about the Oestrogen from the water I drink in our large cities like London. They reckon the average glass of tap water has been "through" 4-5 people by the time the water gets to London and if they happen to be women then the oestrogen they pee out stays with the water as the treatment works cannot separate it out.

Think that's why my man boobs are growing bigger as i get older and my hips are starting to fill out the jeans more. Nothing to do with chocolate, beer or pork pies before you say anything.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Have you ever considered dilution effects ! Don't worry - if your tits are growing it isn't the water !

The whole saturated fat / sugar / LDL / HDL situation is very complicated and not completely understood. One thing is for certain - we are living longer because we are surviving many things that were fatal in the past which means 'old' body conditions are becoming more of an issue. The problem is many of these things are debilitating rather than fatal which is very expensive for the NHS. Keeping people fitter and healthier is also cheaper for the NHS.

Smoking, alcohol consumption and diet are the biggies for long term health. Simple sugars and saturated fats / trans fats are bad news and interestingly foods containing high levels of both supress the satiety centre in the brain which is the bit that says 'I'm full and don't eat any more'. As a result the really bad foods are easier to eat - cakes, donuts, cheesecake etc.

If you stand on a British street corner and critically observe the general public A LOT of people are overweight which will have long term consequences.

• Gold FFM

So basically you're saying all the good shit is bad for me then Greg?

Well, you stick to the muesli and the grass and live long and prosper. Me, I'll take what's coming knowing I enjoyed it fully  :2guns:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!