free hit
counters
Would you have bought/would you buy a komotec evora? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stuno1

Would you have bought/would you buy a komotec evora?

Would you buy a komotec evora?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a poll to test the water with current and prospective owners really. I know all the 'its your car don't keep it for the next person' stuff. A poll like this will provide tangible evidence as to the evora owner mind set and may help other people make up their mind about modding theirs.

To be open. I would buy one if it was similarly priced to eauivelant age, mileage and spec examples.

Stu

--------------

Doh! Wrong section! Could a mod please move :)

Edited by Stuno1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'll be honest, I expected option 3 to be the stand out winner here. They way i view this is get the work done if you want but expect to lose 60% ish of the outlay which is reasonable. For example, it costs 5.5k for the s 425 komotec upgrade. As such advertising a car for 2k more than its stock comparisons is reasonable.

Stu

Edited by Stuno1

Might be reasonable but I personally wouldn't pay any extra for it.

I'd rather pay for a stock car and have it done myself. Simply because it would be fun to experience the car for a bit before and then see the result after

• Like 1

You should add the answer:

"Yes, if I know the owner or at least got Information about his driving style"............:-)

in this case: yes for me.

What I do not know and I haven´t read anything about: Have the komotec tuned ones to be serviced more often? Is a Lotus Service Point able to do that (of course they can do it, but the question is if they would need further Information provided by komotec?)

Good question. When the time comes I'll ask. The idea of a 425 hp evora is very exciting and in my mine offers epic performance! That's more power than my isf and my car is a LOT heavier. Evora with 425hp must be pulling sub 4 to 60 and god knows what in gear acceleration.

Stu

Would an upgrade like this affect the Lotus warranty on cars less than 3 years old?

Absolutely! Anything that can be traced back to the upgrades would be void but other not related claims such should remain ok.

Stu

For me, I would pay a small supplement but I would probably do some more digging and would like to know:

1. How long since the upgrade was done and are all the service reports available from the dealer (to check notifications etc). Also, I would get some peace of mind if I knew it had been used and working for some time, rather than it was put on 1k miles ago...

2. If the car I was buying was "known" to the dealer for it's whole life - you know supplied by them, serviced by them etc. I could get a good insight from them on the car and the driver if that was the case.  Of course, they could just fill me with bullshit but..... 

3. If the owner was "known" on forums like this and had a good rep - sometimes the best indication of how someone "treats" there car is from tracking down youtube vids, forum posts etc...

So, to cut this all short - I'd be happy to pay a small premium if I could satisfy myself re car and seller provenance. Hope this makes sense.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

To me the Komotec conversion is pretty good value for money. The Evora 400 is going to be somewhere around £10k more than the outgoing S, so £5k for 430bhp from Komo doesn't seem bad. True there's more to the 400 than just the engine upgrade, but the later S models are pretty good quality wise, and I for one like the interior of the S Sr. The concerns I'd have with the Komotec is that it may null and void the warranty. It has no charge cooler, probably more of an issue if you want to do track work than for road use, although I live in a place where summer temperatures can be in the mid 30's so the security of a charge cooler would be nice. ( My other Lotus, an S1Elise, is a supercharged, charge cooled, Honda conversion, running 365 bhp, it's never had any issues at all in hot climates ). Lastly, my Evora is an automatic ( ISP) so would the extra Komo grunt trash the gearbox?

365bhp in an S1 Elise! Are you not in danger of ripping a hole in space-time if you accelerate too hard? :huh:

• Like 1

I run now 45000 KM with the Komo and I would not miss one Kilometer without. Great stuff. The car is much finer on the right foot, consumption is massivly down and I had no issues with it. I cant tell about perfomrance, caus I dont ride tracks, but accelleration in the mountains (alps) is massive and I really must say, that the combination with such power AND the excellent handling of the Evora makes all rides to be an event. Even motorbikes are... chanceless. (but rear tireconsumption is the price to pay)

The only problem I had was the new IPS software loading, which then asked for a new reload of the Komotec software again. 

but this was made online and all is pretty good. 

I really can recommend the Komotec upgrade, caus it is professional made and those guys understand, what they do. (no China rubbish stuff)...by the way: Komo also has kits for the MX5, Honda 2000 and Morgan. So it is not "lotusonly".

• Like 1

i am a bit off the topic as i drive since 4 years only a NA 300HP Komotec evora.

the power is good and the exhaust noise is much better than the standard version.

i only had a problem of lambda sensor as the wiring was too close of the exhaust pipe and and got damage.

once the problem identified with the help of Komotec the solution was easy.

on my opinion it is a good modification.

Scarrion, once I get my new headers I am going to go for the 300 Komotec ECU tune. Nice to hear that you have not suffered any problems with it in 4 years, that's quite reassuring.  :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I run now 45000 KM with the Komo and I would not miss one Kilometer without. Great stuff. The car is much finer on the right foot, consumption is massivly down and I had no issues with it. I cant tell about perfomrance, caus I dont ride tracks, but accelleration in the mountains (alps) is massive and I really must say, that the combination with such power AND the excellent handling of the Evora makes all rides to be an event. Even motorbikes are... chanceless. (but rear tireconsumption is the price to pay)

The only problem I had was the new IPS software loading, which then asked for a new reload of the Komotec software again. 

but this was made online and all is pretty good. 

I really can recommend the Komotec upgrade, caus it is professional made and those guys understand, what they do. (no China rubbish stuff)...by the way: Komo also has kits for the MX5, Honda 2000 and Morgan. So it is not "lotusonly".

Out of interest what MPG do you get with the komotec work done?

Stu

Hi Stu, 

if I calculated right: MPG 0.34. My base is 8,2 Liters on 100 km average. But not with german Highway. 

There it is, depending on traffic, around 0.23.

All calculated by hand, not with the Lotus display. 

Anubis

if I calculated right: MPG 0.34. My base is 8,2 Liters on 100 km average. But not with german Highway.

It looks like you've got your decimal point in the wrong place.

8.2l/100km = 34.45mpg

Cheers. That's good!

I am very surprised with the response to this thread. Very pleased that so many would be willing to buy a modded evora if done by the correct company.

Stu

Hi Stu, 

All calculated by hand, not with the Lotus display. 

Anubis

Any exhaust clips with the komotec done? Would be good to compare to stock.

hm.... as I remember the exhaust was "special" from the beginning (dont ask me what my dealer put on).

As far as I know the exhaust itself is not changed by komotec within the "430" kit, but the MY 12 exhaust is louder than the My 11

Hi, they so change the headers and put a sports cat on so will be louder. Just wondered by how much and if it's a much different sound. Also, the new intake will alter the sound.

Stu

Edited by Stuno1

Hi, they so change the headers and put a sports cat on so will be louder. Just wondered by how much and if it's a much different sound. Also, the new intake will alter the sound.

Stu

I have the 430 upgrade albeit I already had a 2ubular full exhaust system - so komotec only provided CAI/ pulley and software.

The sound? EPIC. Much like an early Ferrari V8 on full attack......