free hit
counters
76 elite - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

new to this but have nearly finished renovation and  could do with some photos of boot interior including tool pack and washer bottle position etc. (76 elite 501  now galv chassis)

thanks in advance duncan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The washer bottle goes on the right hand side on the wheel arch. As for the tool pack mine did not come with one so i made up my own. I carry quite a few tools and cable ties etc.!!!

All the best Clive

thanks for reply mine has a handmade original jack or tool box that looks as though it goes over battery or wiper motor which is repairable but I don't know how it fits or if it should have a cover on it . Is the rear washer bottle plastic and is it fitted with a steel clip as front mine totally missing

regards duncan

Dunc.  

There's a picture in the owners' handbook.  The battery has a wooden cover, covered with a cheap nylon carpet-like material,  that includes mini-shelf thing on top, which was designed to contain the tools in a plastic roll.  The rear washer was a plastic bag, hung on the back of the wheel arch, next to the battery.

I think there is probably a good reason few cars seen to still have the bags these today...

I did post a copy of the pic a year or two ago for someone.  You might be able to search for it on the forum.

Herc

I don't think I've ever seen a correctly fitted out rear boot area on any elite I've seen in the flesh. Has anyone got a perfect booty, would love to see a perfect boot area. You could do what I did and cover the whole lot with side panaks and shelf, might upset the originality police though!

20150509_114900_zpst1w4igjj.jpg

20150509_113032_zpsqd1wcvay.jpg

20150416_155205_zpsga0lkr9k.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the help everyone didn't realise there was a picture in parts manual have electronic copy. would like to keep as original as possible but cant spend endless amounts so am trying to do 99.9 percent of it myself.

Regards Duncan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey C. Croker,

I like your modification as it can totally hides the contents below. I have seen rolling screens that roll up and hide away but stretch out to do the same basic look as you fixed panels. Nice touch....very clean and tighty !

Richard

• Like 1