Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
heater issue - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

heater issue

johnpwalsh

• Gold FFM

Anyone had the same problem. My wife's little baby, her Elan M100 has no cabin heater and she is freezing cold. I have checked and the heater valve does not appear to open to allow for flow, at present I have held it open with a tie wrap but still no heating in the cabin, any pointers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Forget about above issue we can run her cold but now have a more pressing issue.

Q for you, trying to determine if the waste gate valve on the M100 is faulty.

Symptoms.
car will start and idle for 10 mins then engine management light comes on, after a further 10 mins the engine dies as if starved of fuel.
Checked fuel pressure and all ok, new fuel filter fitted.
Tried test drive and if you keep her at about 2,000 rpm she will keep going, get her up to 3200 rpm then starts to miss fire with the engine management light on, drop below 3000 rpm and she is ok again but light still on.
Checked all the vacuum hoses etc and all ok.
Stumped, someone suggested sticking waste gate valve.

????????????????????

Mrs W is not a happy bunny and wants her baby back.

• Gold FFM

Heater issue now resolved the heater valve was stuck in the closed position even though it showed open, went to remove it and it fell to bits so now removed and a section of copper pipe inserted to test the heater which woks perfect. Now to source a heater valve. On the second issue, the car no longer cuts out and is driveable as long as you dont exceed 3,400 rpm at that point is starts to missfire like hell and all the time the engine management light is on.

Any ideas.