free hit
counters
First sprint in a single seater! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

First sprint in a single seater!

Just returned home after a sprint event in a Lotus 31.

It's the first time I have driven a single seater race car. I must say it could not have been a better environment to start in. The event was run by Javelin and the staff where very helpful as where the fellow drivers. The event was against the clock so you competed against yourself so zero pressure for a first run.

The car was not running right (limited revs) but for the moments it was flying through the bends it was amazing.

For anyone looking to dip their toe in Motorsport I can not recommend it enough regardless of what car you are running. There where cars from Austin 7's to Audi R8s.

post-15952-0-22261200-1436729644.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yup, Sprinting and Hillclimbing, my 2 favourite forms of motorsport.  Must be a great rush. You only need to improve your own best time and forget the rest.  I have never competed as always better things to spend my cash on but have marshalled for 40 years now and usually on Rescue duties but we tend to cover start lines or a post at those types of events as well. Well done

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Very nice! Makes me really jealous, you've driven a genuine Lotus!

I drove a Formula Renault last year, in "Lotus" livery. There were f1 cars in the same livery too. Really worth travelling the distance.

stage-de-pilotage-formule-renault-1-sess

• Like 1

Calypso Rose Rules the World!