free hit
counters
Cars you don't really see on the roads any more... - Page 11 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Cars you don't really see on the roads any more...

Just rescued this from going to the fire brigade to be practiced on. 1 owner from new only 36000 miles and just parked up in a garage from 2002. Just going to give it a clean and good service new tyres and it should hopefully go through an MOT. 

IMG-20211007-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20211009-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I like the Lotus red and gold look...Nova not a looker but I had a 1.2 Nova Swing which was economical, comfy and reliable. SR had tartan style trim but a Fiat 128 3P, also with tartan, replaced the Nova so I never elevated to the SR.

Astra GTE Mk1 was a brilliant machine. Recaro seats as standard, revvy engine.

Justin

Very easy to work on and a few small bits of rust, corners of the doors on the outside skin, inner looks very good, bottom front corner of near side rear wing, again inner part is still very good and the battery tray area has corroded so would leak into drivers footwell, I sealed it up so no water ingress when I cleaned it but you can buy a panel to replace it🙂. From searching there are only 8 GL models left on the road in the UK. I'm doing this up for my eldest daughter to learn to drive in.