free hit
counters
Cars you don't really see on the roads any more... - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Cars you don't really see on the roads any more...

Shit football then lol

Dave.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Someone has been parking a MK1 orange Mexico up the road from me I will get a pic next week. It looks really cool in the middle of all the Euro boxes 

I'm amazed at how many different cars you guys have that we never even saw enter our country.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

When I was backpacking round Oz I had a (I think) a 202 Holden estate . Driving from Darwin the water pump went and we were in the middle of nowhere we kept filling it up, then we run out of water. So feck it we carried on it got so hot and I am not making this up the paint started to bubble on the bonnet! We got to Alice Springs thinking it was shagged. Took it to the local garage he was, " that will be alright mate" changed the pump we then drove it from there to Perth and sold it for more than we bought it for. 

Good job you did not bump into some chap like the fellow of wolf creek Danny :P  Some cars are regarded as bullit proof and some really are, they just keep on going like the top gear toyota pick up :)  Cast iron blocks and heads are damn heavy but the old castings are so strong, especially when you used to have the old copper head gaskets   :thumbup:

A

Guess the car (waiting for my phone to sync the pics with the cloud before posting a piccy).

Never saw one back in the day when they were current. Built from 1974-1990 - very rare then. They are a wedge, so I should like them, but I don't.

Walked round a corner in Lincoln, and there were 6 in a row :) 

edit to add: checking on how many left, as one was on a Dutch reg, with there only being 27 remaining that are not on SORN that is 18% of the total cars in the UK. Not too bad!.

Yup - bit stunned to see them to be honest. They mostly seem to have racked up the miles, so not garage queens at all.

y3m57Csh_u3B2opOZqLdl5JqScpCTVlyAbgiOEaw

I preferred this Rover though - there was a wedding fayre hence the ribbons. The AMLs were in the car park behind this.

y3mEtpNC8HraVaLlBxBksbBnq_-re-2_4_kk6xML

• Like 1

There was one at Strattons for sale a couple of years back. It was like about £77k which seemed alot for such an ungly fooker

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Huge problems with the electronic dash but stunning looking things - Love the blue one in the photo above.

23 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Spotted this beauty on my walk into football this afternoon. Amazing that any survive really, what rust buckets they were. I bet there are a few Firenzas hanging around though...

Ha. Walked back from football and passed a Bentley in really good nick on a dodgy dealer's forecourt for sub £9,000. Don't know what it was as I haven't a clue about them. It looked very, very cool though. @Barrykearley could probably advise, or be mad enough to buy it...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

10 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Ha. Walked back from football and passed a Bentley in really good nick on a dodgy dealer's forecourt for sub £9,000. Don't know what it was as I haven't a clue about them. It looked very, very cool though. @Barrykearley could probably advise, or be mad enough to buy it...

Nah - 9large is simply too much.

dont laugh @swindon_alan - that last bentley I had to part with £4250 to buy ? - now that's what you might call a no loose gamble 

On 04/03/2017 at 22:02, swindon_alan said:

Spotted this beauty on my walk into football this afternoon. Amazing that any survive really, what rust buckets they were. I bet there are a few Firenzas hanging around though...

DSC_0411.thumb.JPG.66fc6997ee21d6690665a629d85c290a.JPG

DSC_0412.thumb.JPG.120b5e453a5cc27afdda7fd8b095ca2e.JPG

Now the droop snoots really were something else

• Like 2

Only here once

20 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Now the droop snoots really were something else

72 Firenzas left in the UK apparently

no that is the BMW thang! 

see one of these most days

midas_09.jpg

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

As seen in a public car park in Llangollen yesterday afternoon. Not parked together, don't know if they were associated or not. Great to see them being used though!

DSC_0468.thumb.JPG.e8243033e8ba408c3ea5fd46416c877c.JPG

DSC_0469.thumb.JPG.eab703183f6f2a08b172626f953e5112.JPG

DSC_0470.thumb.JPG.a9fabacd43e348e1f4b88699751f4a6a.JPG

• Like 2

The most beautiful car ever designed the E-type Jaguar,  even Enzo Ferrari had to swallow his pride and amit it :)

• Like 1

A

The think i dont get about all this cock extension stuff, even more so with the Jaguar as so many women owned and drove them in the 60s  :ermm:

I would also love to know who first said that phrase,  was it a jealous man or a jealous women :)

A