free hit
counters
Average speed cameras being introduced around London - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Average speed cameras being introduced around London

As a regular user of both the North Circular and the A40 I've noticed some new small yellow overhead speed cameras have recently been installed.

They are average speed cameras and are apparently being trialled on the A406 and A40 as well as at a couple of other locations in London from September 2015.

As ever, take care especially if you are going to/from the Ace café....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo boo booo

Won't be long before we are screwed on everything

I thought with an all blue government this sort of crap would be consigned to the scrap heap where it belongs

Only here once

There are a load of new SPECS camera on the A12 up by Ipswich too. Tiny, and quite well hidden in truth as well! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Unfortunately they will eventually go up on all major roads I suspect (the remit is that someone has to have been killed on that stretch of road), pushing people who want to drive a sports car/performance car onto smaller, more dangerous roads. Stupid really.

I hate Average speed camera's

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Yes, let's blame responsible speeding motorists for everything - you know the ones who are giving 100% attention to what they are doing, driving!

But oh no, let us not blame the people driving whilst not paying attention due to:

peeling a banana; applying make-up; on the phone; sending/reading texts; using their laptop; reading a book; writing down notes; looking left whilst chatting to their passenger more than they are looking forward: not using their indicators; not looking before pulling out either from a junction or when overtaking; etc etc etc.

All of the above I have seen / experienced whilst driving this year alone.  Yeah speed kills - sometimes, but more often than not it is stupidity that really kills. However, catching a speeder is "easier" hence the camera's. Heaven help us if we ever get back to actual proper policing of the roads to make them safer for all.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

As a regular user of both the North Circular and the A40 I've noticed some new small yellow overhead speed cameras have recently been installed.

They are average speed cameras and are apparently being trialled on the A406 and A40 as well as at a couple of other locations in London from September 2015.

As ever, take care especially if you are going to/from the Ace café....

Shouldn't worry too much, nobody ever goes to the Ace these days :-(. Whinge over.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Harsh but fair, Trev. We got seven to Wed's meet. (see my updated post for pics) 

Where is everyone?

Perhaps Hexagon can bring an Evora 400 to Sep meet - that should get a few more to turn up.

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...)

Sorry I didn't get to say hi but hadn't realised it was you in the black Evora. Sizona and I were there but with the family on the way back from a meal out so in the Disco.

Trevor.

Shouldn't worry too much, nobody ever goes to the Ace these days :-(. Whinge over.

Trevor.

perhaps if someone posted in advance more would go

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I always used to its only the last one or two I haven't due to the lack of interest, you all know when it is.

Trevor.

• 3 weeks later...

If we have our new  Evora 400 in time for the September meet at The Ace, it'll be our pleasure to drive it there!

• 1 month later...