free hit
counters
Old Lotus Esprit PR Photos - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Old Lotus Esprit PR Photos

WayneB

Just looking through a few old car magazines at some Lotus Esprit roadtests and was wondering if the factory still posseses any of the factory released PR shots used in them? :blink:

If they hopefully do, I think it would be a great idea if they made copies available to the public somehow (LEW or a dedicated website ?) :P

GM has a great photo archive available to the publichere

Im sure people would be willing to pay (a reasonable amount) to have there own copies of some of these gorgeous photos. :o

What do you think? :D

lotus-esprit-s1-76.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne,

Many of the original shots were lost during that "Black hole time" that seems to be a thorn in our sides. I have to be honest and say that many of the press packs/PR shots that fell into my grubby mits were likewise......sold to put it bluntly, to pay for my addiction to World War 1 postcards and foreign holidays!

On the positive side many of these went to Coterie Press and William Taylor, though the real gem went to Haynes who bought the original design book for the Esprit project.

What Archives Lotus have are now digital and not complete. William has the most comprehensive collection of images, brochures and Lotus "Stuff" in the world.

My recommendation is to say TK told you to contact him and send him an e-mail gvia his website.

Hope that helps.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Wayne

Take a look here :

http://www.grouplotus.com/grp/grp_gallery....4&pageID=7#

You may find some pics that you like?

Cheers

Gordon

Thanks for the replys Tony and Gordon :D

I was aware of the Lotus Cars and Coterie Press sites (and have gone right through them)

The Coterie Press one is excellent for the GP Cars, but regretfully ATM they have no photos pertaining to the road cars on their site. :o

It breaks my heart to think that alot of this stuff was binned on the orders of some small minded idiot. :blink:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Thanks for the replys Tony and Gordon :o

I was aware of the Lotus Cars and Coterie Press sites (and have gone right through them)

The Coterie Press one is excellent for the GP Cars, but regretfully ATM they have no photos pertaining to the road cars on their site. :(

It breaks my heart to think that alot of this stuff was binned on the orders of some small minded idiot. :blink:

Im with you on that one Wayne :D

One thing i have been doing over the past 23 years is buying every magazine or brochure or newspaper article i can find ...(mainly on the S1 i have to say) and the intention is to put it all on a web site eventually when i get the time.

There are a few gems come up from time to time... managed to get a hold of a 1975 sketch from Mr G from the paris show a few months back which i had not seen before and im always on the look out for other things.

Im not sure what the copyright situation is with doing that ... perhaps someone can tell me?

I own the site name so that

Gordon , here is the Coterie Press Site

Like yourself, I have been collecting Esprit images and information for a little while (paying for Tony Kimberleys holidays apparently) :o

I saw that photo of the Giugiaro rendering on ebay, glad a true enthusiast got it. :D

9a_1-1.jpg

It would be great If you found the time to display your collection on a website. :P

As for my stuff, I will post stuff I think might be of interest to others on here , but I wont be doing my own site as Im not clever enough :blink:

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Seriously Wayne, William has most of the pics of Lotus's. It may look like mainly F1 stuff but I know he got access to the Lotus files many years ago and has seriously added to it since.

Believe me, he has everything......well mostly...you bought some! :D

BTW just in case anyone thinks I'm mercenary (I am) I've got everything I want with my old man in it and tended to only sell one item that I had another of. These I gave to my dad and he's kept them with his "cool shelf" which includes so much stuff it's a museum of it's own. Will get some pics nect time I'm round there.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Gordon , here is the Coterie Press Site

Like yourself, I have been collecting Esprit images and information for a little while (paying for Tony Kimberleys holidays apparently) :P

I saw that photo of the Giugiaro rendering on ebay, glad a true enthusiast got it. :)

9a_1-1.jpg

It would be great If you found the time to display your collection on a website. :)

As for my stuff, I will post stuff I think might be of interest to others on here , but I wont be doing my own site as Im not clever enough :D

Small world Wayne!!

Yep thats the pic im talking about... its only a 6 x 4 but i had never seen it before and it has an Ital Design stamp on the back.

If you want a copy of it i can scan it for you and print it on glossy paper so it will look pretty much the same as the origonal.

I think i now have all the origonal magazines featured on Lotus Esprit World and a few others about the S1.

And Fraser managed to outbid the rest of the gathering at the Factory weekend for the S1 newspaper report from 1975 and MJK very kindly signed it for us :D

I also have all the other bits and bobs you can collect about the S1 ... models, kits etc etc.

Seems we all have our a World War 1 post card collection ... of sorts.

Not quiet a PR pic but I've recently found this on my phone...

image-upload-143-733611.jpg

:D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've been looking for the other shots in this set for 15 years :D ;

139779061_f35589305d_o.jpg

They were the factory promos from the S2 launch in 1978. Tried the factory several times including this year and zilch, There is a lovely front 3/4 shot (and another with Chapman next to it) which would look glorious in colour but I've only seen them in B/W.

If there were any quality reproductions available (rather than grainy crap like above) they would be on my living room wall in a heartbeat.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I think this is one of the photos Mark was on about.

Autocar_S2_01.jpg

Think It was used in Autocar magazine.

Heres the best one :D

lotus_esprit_7.jpg

As Tony suggested, I emailed William Taylor (at the Coterie Press), but no reply of now :D

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I think this is one of the photos Mark was on about.

Autocar_S2_01.jpg

Think It was used in Autocar magazine.

As Tony suggested, I emailed William Taylor (at the Coterie Press), but no reply of now :D

Wayne

Just on the off chance you see anything on S1's can you give me a shout so i can add it to the collection.

Thanks

Not quiet a PR pic but I've recently found this on my phone...

image-upload-143-733611.jpg

:D

Nice car Bibs but who is the ugly bloke holding it up doing the kilroy woz here bit ??? :D

Wayne, thats one of them, from my treasured Autocar issue.

I wasn't old enough to remember when JFK was shot, can't remember where I was upon hearing of John Lennons similar demise, but I sure as hell remember the day I saw that S2 in Autocar!

The shot I am after is a left front 3/4 on the test track, all hunkered down and beautiful. Last time I saw it printed was in Graham Robson's book "History of European Sports and GT cars from 1961" and then only Black and White,

Edited by britten_mark

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Someone tell me what it is I can't see it I just get a cross!!!

Tell me tell me tell me!

Dad has it cause he's in it! :D

Sorry, doesn't add to the topic just boasting :D

TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME!!!!!!!!

Just doing a search on Lotus on E-bay always suprises me that Lotus never crack down on the substandard rubbish that people try and pass off as genuine!

Thanks Jussi :D

It looks like Tony is holding whats left of a print of a rendering by Giugiaro of the Italdesign VW-Porsche Tapiro.

Sadly the real car is in similar shape as it was burned up a few years ago :D:):)

2005324221826_zWildTapiro05.jpg

Porsche_Tapiro_Thum.jpg

Heres a picture of the Tapiro from this summers "Giorgetto Giugiaro, 50 years of Design" exhibition at the Forte de Forrestelle, Turin Italy B)

fenestrelle2.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg