free hit
counters
Could you help me find my Esprit's original owner? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Could you help me find my Esprit's original owner?

Hello all,

Through the kindness of the Lotus archivist many years ago, I obtained a Certificate of Provenance for my Esprit plus other details in an accompanying letter. From this, I learnt the date of manufacture, the date of sale, and the selling dealership. I was also pleased to discover that the engine, transmission, radio, and everything else on it today is original.

The letter states the car was first sold in Antwerp to a Mr. Woensel and was destined for Saudi Arabia. This makes sense, as my car is a RoW car and, in the VIN, the letters EHH indicate 1984, Hethel factory, and "hot" export.

I believe I am the third owner, buying it in 1991, after it had been brought to the US and "federalized" (addition of catalytic converter and other bits). The second owner told me he had it brought to the US from Qatar. I should have asked more questions of its history, but at the time I didn't have the interest.

So, I realize this is a long shot, but if anyone knows a Mr. Woensel, maybe he is the one. I would love to know more of my car's history.

For now, posting a reply here is the best way to reach me.

Q: should I post this in the Esprit forum as well, or is that forbidden?

All Cows Eat Grass

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think finding him will be a bit of a long shot but here is a good a place as any to ask the question.

Good luck with the search though.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777