free hit
counters
elite/eclat/ excel - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

elite/eclat/ excel

hi,

apologies, this is probably in the incorrect section of the forum. I'm looking for an excellent 'perfect' car. I've been looking but have been constantly disappointed. if you have one that you would consider selling to a fellow lotus enthusiast please message me. model and colour are less important than condition

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks for the comments. isuppose I am looking for a concours car! I sold my excel 4 years ago which I would say was very good.i've regretted it since.

Posted Images

Hi Trevor,

They are out there but few and far between, most have fallen into the used car bracket now as the cost of restoration outweighs the value.

You might find a cosseted Excel or restored Eclat but they wont be cheap.

Good luck

Paul

I have seen a few on E-bay and Autotrader. I was only interested in the Excels and there was an 88 and an 89 both on there at circa £8,000-10,000 which is where an immaculate model should sit (IMHO). Though 3 years ago you could have got a fully recon'd one for under £6,000. Currently very very popular due to affordability.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

everyones definition of perfect differs.... I've viewed a car that diminished from being "perfect to "perfectly good" within the 180 miles I drove to view it.

A truly concours car is worth a combo of 2 things - what the buyer is prepared to pay and what the seller will accept.

Concours elites and eclats - count them on your fingers.

Concours excels? there are a few.

mh... IIRC the Time Warp Eclat Riviera was in pristine condition http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/66736-time-warp-eclat-riviera/?hl=rivieraThe one from Tocus wasn´t also bad

So, they are there... but where? ;)

Occasionally they appear on the market. But they are only a few ones... Excels definetly more than Eclats.

I wanted a concours car but as dunc say's you just cant get them. I did see one for sale when I was looking a couple of years ago for 15k but i didn't like the red...

I then decided that for that kind of money I would restore one myself. I have not tooted up my costs recently but I expect I will be over that when i get finished.

If you find one, then throw money at the owner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Pity your still not on the hunt as we have a cracking local car for sale in a rare color. Roman Bronze and in almost pristine condition and sensibly priced.

• Gold FFM

If your interested, ping me a message and I can send you some pics, I have known the car for about 6 years and she really is a good one and faultlessly maintained.

He's going to struggle to sell if it's not advertised properly no matter how immaculate/well priced! I can't find it anywhere online, must be in the Stoneybridge Gazette or something.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream