Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 10 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just checked the US website and the price for the car seems to have vanished and the new lower weight options were never there to begin with.  Why does Lotus have such a hard time keeping a webpage current???

If you read the behind the scenes article, it should answer your question for you. Porsche (or some other Teutonic motor works) spent $20 million on resorts and swag (and by swag, I mean prostitutes) for motor journalists. Meanwhile Lotus offered to share from their plate of fish and chips. You just have to be a little patient with them. These are different universes, and the website guy is probably busy emptying the bins around the factory. :stuart:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

No way! Such a small feature that makes such a nice difference.

I know :(

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

They had to display the current gear the car is in and did delete the 3 lights but said they are working to get them back on the display at some point but don' t hold your breath on that one.

• Gold FFM

Another review, another mention of the damn cup holder! I really want to see what a 1KG cup holder looks like, thing must be a lump of iron.

Also, quite comical they imply they "chose" not to have a DCT box for weight saving. Yeah, of course that's the reason...

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Haha, there must be a photo somewhere.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Amazing that AutoWeek gave such a good review to the Evora.  Just read the author's bio on the site and, in his opinion, the best cars out there are the Porsche GT3, Ford Shelby GT 350, and the Nissan GT-R.  

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Interestingly, this article has something of a surprise in it's text:

Owned by Malaysian-based Proton, Lotus plans to bring a new, U.S.-spec protected Elise back by the next decade, Gales says. The company has ruled out larger cars such as a sedan, though a Lotus sport/utility is being studied. There has been no decision on whether to go forward with such a project, he says.

I thought the SUV had been green lit?

A satisfying article - I was surprised by the following: " Based on the two cars I drove, Porsche has nothing on Lotus in terms of quality, luxury, or style."

Wow!

1 minute ago, DaveC72 said:

Interestingly, this article has something of a surprise in it's text:

Owned by Malaysian-based Proton, Lotus plans to bring a new, U.S.-spec protected Elise back by the next decade, Gales says. The company has ruled out larger cars such as a sedan, though a Lotus sport/utility is being studied. There has been no decision on whether to go forward with such a project, he says.

I thought the SUV had been green lit?

A satisfying article - I was surprised by the following: " Based on the two cars I drove, Porsche has nothing on Lotus in terms of quality, luxury, or style."

Wow!

The SUV has been greenlit but not officially, the factory site has been found but Proton is for sale... So JMG is probably trying not to create expectation as the project is mostly funded by Proton and Goldstar Heavy industries. Regardless the SUV is not to reach the US shores before the next Elise does, as the Elise development is totally under the control of Hethel while the SUV development is a joint project requiring a fair bit of go between the 3 partners involved. 

7 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

lol - I knew you'd have the full and latest on this - thanks Nico!

It was easy enough to do a bit of quick digging, DRB-Hicom is looking for a strategic Proton under the watchfull eye of the Malaysian government who granted the company yet another softloan, Yet soft loan or not Proton is in rough waters and is weighing heavily on DRB-Hicom's bottom line so the official position is: http://paultan.org/2016/08/08/drb-hicom-denies-proton-sale/ but it appears that non officially higher ups at either Proton or DRB-Hicom are getting ready for a complete sale : http://paultan.org/2016/08/08/drb-hicom-looking-to-sell-entire-proton-stake-report/ Of course these have to be taken with a grain of salt but a few malaysian publications are hinting at the same situation.

Back on topic I don't know how Lotus could get better press for their new car. The 410 Sport may be not available officially in the US for a ridiculous problem of seats (the Nubax seats can't be fitted with side airbags and Lotus would need to source another Sparco seat and go through the process of fitting the side airbags again, not a big job just a costly one) but the US customer will be able to kit their Evora with all the 410 sport go very fast bits and with a titanium exhaust thrown in the option's list for good measure. Now if only the marketing and webmaster were not on extended (vacation)  maybe they could update the website to reflect the current offer.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That Automobile mag article seems poorly researched...

" The Southwestern Michigan circuit is similar to Lotus’ test track at its Hethel, England,assembly plant, where the 400 completes a lap a full seven-seconds quicker than the last Evora, the 276-horsepower version imported here through the 2014 model year (Lotus has sold only track-legal cars since). "

I was under the impression the 400 is seven seconds quicker than the S around Hethel, and I thought the S was also available in the USA?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

31 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

That Automobile mag article seems poorly researched...

" The Southwestern Michigan circuit is similar to Lotus’ test track at its Hethel, England,assembly plant, where the 400 completes a lap a full seven-seconds quicker than the last Evora, the 276-horsepower version imported here through the 2014 model year (Lotus has sold only track-legal cars since). "

I was under the impression the 400 is seven seconds quicker than the S around Hethel, and I thought the S was also available in the USA?

yeah, I noticed that as well.  I hope the 250 pre-order folks really wanted the exact same car as what was on sale in Europe for the past 12 months.  While I still had my pre-order in, I actually inquired about getting carbon fiber bits on the 400 (given that the 410 debuted and it had the bits in question) and was told no, there was no time table or talk of when those would be made available.  +1 for US sales guy <_<  Good news for folks that waited though, seems the 400 they can now spec and take delivery of early next year will have a fair bit more options to customize, and for Lotus to make a fair bit more coin on (which helps them as a company).

21 hours ago, 99Problems said:

yeah, I noticed that as well.  I hope the 250 pre-order folks really wanted the exact same car as what was on sale in Europe for the past 12 months.  While I still had my pre-order in, I actually inquired about getting carbon fiber bits on the 400 (given that the 410 debuted and it had the bits in question) and was told no, there was no time table or talk of when those would be made available.  +1 for US sales guy <_<  Good news for folks that waited though, seems the 400 they can now spec and take delivery of early next year will have a fair bit more options to customize, and for Lotus to make a fair bit more coin on (which helps them as a company).

Lotus..  What are you thinking?   You are missing a chance to make money.   Why wouldn't Lotus reach out to customers with pre-orders and say," Hey we are about to build your car, here are the latest options available.  Which ones would you like to add?" 

Maybe I wanted a Titanium exhaust.    Maybe I at least want the chance to consider it..  

Lotus = allergic to communication.

Here's a different take on the US launch, not really about the car - the author has already posted that - more about how Lotus do their stuff. Refreshing to say the least. Offering US journos fish and chips. Brilliant.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/08/no-fixed-abode-best-press-event-ever/#more-1390834

Isn't that now made in Holland or somewhere? 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I can't see this posted before... a very in-depth review from the US:  The comments under the video are very entertaining :lol:

• Like 1

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here