Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Reviews:

Automobile: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1508-2016-lotus-evora-400-review/

Pistonheads: http://www.pistonheads.com/tv/embed/0fc3f7e5-2d2e-f976-3f03-ff0008d2a32b

Hmm - not sure why the XCAR review comes up as a video... ho, hum. (doesn't anymore - ramjet)

Thanks to Jonny for the TG grab, and to save all our necks:

Top%20Gear%20review.jpg

Edited by ramjet
Removed duplicates
  • Like 1

There's a video review of both the manual & auto 400 on pistonheads.com TV, comes out very well. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

Dave - Anyone who views this thread will go to post 1 and then read the rest of the thread. By the time you're this far in, it's pretty tricky to work out which reviews in your list are the new ones so either numbering them so it's easier to follow or just having the news ones rather than all of them listed would be better mate.

For example with a couple of additions between your last update I had to look at both lists to work out which ones were new. If they were numbered, it would be much easier (or even just asterisk the new ones each time). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

If I had the time and the skill I would re-order so the best review was at the top, the second best next, etc etc and update the frist post to reflect this too. That way, by the time people got to review number three they would be sold, would re-navigate to the LotusCars home page and place an order.

In fact Bibs, you need to add some sort of redirection button, that way you could get a "sales fee" for each one sold as a result of the Forums excellent work :)

I need to go an get a job in marketing, it's really not that hard is it......   haha

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

To my surprise Jethro Bovingdon from Evo gave it a very positive review. With the editor Nick Trott recently buying a 2nd 911 I feared the worst!

• Gold FFM

Dave - Anyone who views this thread will go to post 1 and then read the rest of the thread. By the time you're this far in, it's pretty tricky to work out which reviews in your list are the new ones so either numbering them so it's easier to follow or just having the news ones rather than all of them listed would be better mate.

For example with a couple of additions between your last update I had to look at both lists to work out which ones were new. If they were numbered, it would be much easier (or even just asterisk the new ones each time). 

Umm.

New ones are always at the bottom of the list... tricky to follow, I know...  :harhar:

Kind of get your point though, numbering makes sense :)

Surprised there are no video reviews by the likes of Evo, Auto Express and Autocar by now

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

here's a new very positive review: http://www.cityam.com/222943/will-new-evora-400-revive-lotus

One possible reason for the very little number of videos published until now is the weather in Norfolk during the 3 days of the launch. it was very wet and very grey and some publication may have prefered to postpone doing the first drive vids at a later date.

Sutcliffe, Bovington and Prior were on hand for AE, Evo and Autocar and they never go anywhere without a filming crew... 

Haven't you got a nappy to change and a cradle to rock Buddsy?

Get on with it man and leave the review to us nappyless souls. No problem doing the Evora review, we have a twice daily flight from Edinburgh to Norwich and my phone has a camera with a video setting. When will the car be ready for me, Thursday ok? :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Nice new tidbit from pistonheads TV, I believe this is their third snipet on the Evora 400, which is an interesting way to segment their TV offer. Obviously their cameraman is a bit green and was somehow convinced by his teammate on camera to go in the back seats to film a few close head shot of the driver's jaw...

The new racing green is very dark in low light. 

Another excellent review in the new Octane magazine, by John Simister. He seems to prefer it to the McLaren 675LT also reviewed in the same issue - "more usable, tactile fun more of the time. Lotus's rebirth has got off to a good start"

And hallelujah - not one mention of Porsche in the entire piece!!!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have never bought quite so many motoring magazines in one month before.

Bought Octane at the Services on my way up to Barking this morning, as I seem to have an insatiable appetite to read everything there is about the 400.  

I'm dying to hear from any of us who've scored a test drive themselves!

I have a test drive lined up Sunday morning. Happy to report back after that.

To manage expectations, comments will likely be very positive as I hope to pick my 400 up at the end of this month!

Edited by Gm77
  • Like 2

Just read a test of Autovisie (Holland) kind of expecting the rubbish they're writing, but I'll give you a quick idea:

This is not my text ;)

The Evora has always been a car with the same amount of talents as un-avoidable problems.

By installing a new front and rear bumper as well as a new spoiler, they've turned the car from a average looking coupe to a sportscar which might even look more expensive than it's very expensive price tag (130k Euro in Holland)

talk about chassis, the sills have become lower and wider (????)  so you don't need to be a top athlete to get into the car. By using better materials, the interior has vastly improved. It's a shame Lotus uses such a cheap looking Alpine system.

Don't expect Porsche build quality because it's really like a Lotus, it still rattles and squeeks here and there.

talk about the engine, IPS not suitable for sporty stuff, gear change improved but still rubbish, talk about suspension oh.. that's quite good actually.

I have to say, I've had my arguments with these people because I think they're far from being proper Journo's, they write the best story to the highest bidder.

For instance, the editor at some stage admitted he didn't want to publish a letter which I wrote about an issue I had with a Seat Leon Cupra V6. The Dutch importer has a habit of slamming Conti tires on new cars (as a lot of people buy the same brand when they need replacement)

I floored the throttle at some point and found some sand on the road. ESP went completely mad and basically.. I got the power to roll on to a junction (with cars approaching from both ends) but it completely died.

To cut a long story short.. it was due to wrong type of tires. The ESP systems at that time were not that intelligent and it couldn't cope with it.

The editor literally told me "I know what they're doing and I know it's unfair at best, but in certain cases simply wrong, but if I publish that, I won't get a slot to test the new Pukka GT3.".

Top Journalism!

Anyway, didn't Alpine supply Pork as well? and exactly what are the "new materials" in the cockpit? Cows 2.0?

If you read the whole article you can actually see the chap is quite impressed by the suspension, the engine, but why all the negativism? The top third of the article will really put people off as it reads like it's a bag of .. and the old one is even worse.

Hate this :(

Speaks volumes of the physical condition of most human beings that so many found it a chore to get into the old Evora. What the hell is wrong with people? I could probably dive into that seat without touching anything around it....

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8