Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

I agree with others that lap did not look at all like a full speed lap to me. He didn't seem to be extracting the most from the engine or the brakes and the lines looked rather conservative too. Perhaps he's bought the car and wants to be careful with the tyres and the engine before it's fully run-in?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The videos are racking up. Is this in the Netherlands? I wonder if the silver car is the Van Der Kooi sports cars one? That things been driven a fair bit

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

It's a very complex sound isn't it? At lower revs it sounds quite raw and mechanical, but at higher revs becomes much smoother and then takes on a harder higher-pitched edge. The volume of the thing in person is quite a shocker too.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Apparently Sport Auto gave the Evora 400 five stars. Assuming that's out of five they must have liked it then

http://www.lotuscars.com/news/engineering/lotus-evora-400-receives-5-stars-sport-auto-france

Anyone got a copy of the article, or better a copy not in French?

James Martin (JayEmm)

• 3 weeks later...

Test in Dubai, I like the way it simply shows how great this car is, and the paddle-gearbox working well and this sound!!!

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

• Gold FFM

Ah it's copied my evora video list rather than the specific video I meant to link to...

Fixed it now, thanks Bibs

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Yeah I don't know why but I only just saw the video. The volume of the things just really doesn't come across though.

I saw your former steed at B&C a while back. Very alluring.

James Martin (JayEmm)

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

That was our trip to the PH Sunday Service a while back. I'm driving the 2nd orange 400 :D

That was a good day!

• Like 1

One particularly memorable part of the day was when James (Betts) and I were leaving the car park in a particularly loud fashion. A group of lads wandered over and asked what modifications we had made to the exhausts to make them sound so good. They wouldn't believe us that they were, in fact, entirely standard!

• Like 1

An owner of a California said to me a couple of weeks back, "that doesn't sound like a Lotus!"

Talking to a Griffith 500 owner on Sunday, I asked which he thought was louder. He said the Lotus definitely. He then headed home to convince his wife that they needed a 400 (in addition to the Griff). He was clearly a top bloke!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

A long term review from Autocar here

Usual stuff, but nice to see the author experienced that very Evora behaviour of keeping going past his destination, just because... :driving:

• Gold FFM

Is it me or is that article full of inaccuracies?

He doesn't seem to think much has changed between it and the previous model, when clearly it has
The weight he quotes for the car is totally different to what Lotus quote
Yellow is a cost paint option (or I was certainly told it was!!)

Also interesting that two of the photos he includes are a 410 seat, and the tartan interior from the Elige!

James Martin (JayEmm)