Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

I've read the niggles and frustrations of our new 400 owners on here with mixed feelings.   I feel for you all.  but, and this really, really isn't a dig -  I wish I was fortunate enough to have one of these fabulous cars to complain about!

You are absolutely right Dave, they are just niggles really and I for one do feel very fortunate that I am able to own this fantastic car. It really is almost unbelievably good to drive, look at and listen to. The niggles can be frustrating, but they'll be fixed, and the car will always be unbelievably good to drive, look at and listen to. I've now taken numerous people out for rides in mine and every single one of them LOVES the car and fully gets why I bought it.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A guy at Jalopnik did a live but poor quality video review which i would post here if it was not that low in quality

Oh heck here you go : https://www.facebook.com/jalopnik/videos/10154229959295168/

The guy is not the most knowledgeable on Lotus...

Has Gavan Kershaw been promoted to head of R&D?!

By the look of it it was a small launch with only 3 cars and 6 journalists on hand on a racetrack located about an hour drive from Ann Arbor Lotus US HQ, with JMG and GK on hand to answer question.

From the few shots from the interior the  in seat side airbag integration looks pretty neat with no extra bulge.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

Britain has moved on since WW2 though. But we stopped in the 70's and 80's when we developed a massive inferiority complex that British built was rubbish with good old British Leyland flying the flag. How long has it taken Jaguar to move past that stereotype - it took a massive upheaval and change of design language to disassociate themselves from the previous image and they have a marketing budget that dwarfs Lotus!

But moving on, I love the enthusiasm I've read and seen in all the US reviews, both of the 400 and the S1.

Incidentally, has something happened to the Autocar Evora 400, I think I've seen two mentions and now it's vanished from the list at the top of the long termers section?

You would think glowing review like this one would make a big difference and they might, but take a look at the comments and you might not be as encouraged

A lot of it is uneducated... Like the weight comments.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

48 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

A lot of it is uneducated... Like the weight comments.

People forget that the 911R which costs twice as much as the Evora and was was designed for light weight is 2750 lbs without aircon or stereo.  You just can't get a super light car the size of the Evora and still be street legal.

• Gold FFM

According to Porsche's own literature the 911R is 1,370KG - about 25kg shy of the Evora 400's Euro weight.

To be honest, that's damn impressive considering the Porsche is far more metal-intensive than the Evora. But I think if you put the air con etc back in they'd be roughly similar, the Porsche perhaps being a touch heavier.

Some interesting things mentioned. I'm not sure I've heard of this "Titanium exhaust" or "carbon fibre package" they mention... unless he's referring to the 410?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

^^^ No he's definitely referring to the US spec option's list... The american cars appear to have a few niceties that are not on the european cars right now.

Autoblog review should be out in a day or two, Road &Track review is already out that leaves Motortrend and maybe the Drive as the other major US outlets... But no idea on whether they will cover the launch or not. I find it surprising and encouraging that Jalopnik was invited to the party. It was a very small affair now the thing that bugs me not a word on Lotus own twitter feed to signal the US launch.  

Edited by NedaSay

5 hours ago, NedaSay said:

It was a very small affair now the thing that bugs me not a word on Lotus own twitter feed to signal the US launch.  

Marketing probably knackered after all the great material they've created this year and on holiday having a well deserved rest and a cuppa.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The heads up is now on Lotus cars social networks... 

13934825_1221259414585168_48126072308363

I really hope the return of Lotus to the US will free up some extra marketing money.... Still the cars look good and the reviews so far are very good lets hope it is enough to garner a bit of attention and generate sales.

• Like 1

great articles, and a good thing for Lotus ! But aren't Mark Baruth (Jalopnik) and Jack Baruth (TTAC) relatives, or even the same person :blush: ? 

edited : oops ... didn't notice he talks about his young brother in the article :popo: !

Edited by French Frie

On 8/6/2016 at 15:27, NedaSay said:

The heads up is now on Lotus cars social networks... 

13934825_1221259414585168_48126072308363

I really hope the return of Lotus to the US will free up some extra marketing money.... Still the cars look good and the reviews so far are very good lets hope it is enough to garner a bit of attention and generate sales.

The green one with the red seats looks superb. Can't help but think that a red, white and blue selection under that flag would have been cool!  I know, i know, I'm never bloody happy....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

An American specific limited edition could do well.  Something either patriotic looking or heritage model of a famous American race winning livery. 

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Well it would have been an a propos choice of colors... According to Jack Baruth  about 16 participants attended the launch which was a 3 day event all the usual suspects where there (Motortrend, Automobile Mag...) That is good news now lets hope the reviews keep on coming and they are all as good as the two that are already out.  

And on Q. with this here's the MotorTrend review:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lotus/evora/2017/lotus-evora-400-first-drive-review/

Oh and it's good, it's very good actually it's a motortrend love letter : "Lotus’ triumphant return to the U.S." 

Edited by NedaSay

This article finally explains the US options.  No 410 for us (probably too expensive to make it US compliant).  Instead, Lotus will offer bits to make the 400 lighter.  Have to say you really have to be committed (or have money to burn) for an $8,000 titanium exhaust or a $10,000 carbon fiber package

Some audible or visual system of indicating that the redline is approaching would be very useful—perhaps even in the automatic car.

Did they remove the three light warning system as you approach redline in the S1?

1 hour ago, NedaSay said:

And on Q. with this here's the MotorTrend review:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lotus/evora/2017/lotus-evora-400-first-drive-review/

Oh and it's good, it's very good actually it's a motortrend love letter : "Lotus’ triumphant return to the U.S." 

base price according to this article is now 93,785, 4K more than when they first had US pricing sheets.  Interesting that you can (if desired) spec the car with titanium exhaust and carbon fiber, etc I supposed on orders going in now?  The 250 pre-orders will obviously have been spec'd without any of those options since they were unknown until these reviews.

47 minutes ago, ByJoveByJingle said:

Some audible or visual system of indicating that the redline is approaching would be very useful—perhaps even in the automatic car.

Did they remove the three light warning system as you approach redline in the S1?

Yup :(

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel