Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Thanks Bibs.

Also thanks for the mild heart attack when the post moved - I thought I'd binned it in the edit and was about to lose the will to live :P

Great work Dave - really nice to see this all in one place.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

We all have a lot to be thankful to your parents for!  :popo:  

I remember doing the same back in 2009 when the car came out originally.  Roll on Evo's review.

Autocar: http://www.motoringr...rive-0723985451 

Videos:

Sport Auto: 

TLF: 

Pistonheads: 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

No, and it's awesome.  Thank you.  Even the Porsche comparisons are almost dismissed and makes a great case for not following the herd.

Reviews:

Motoring research http://www.motoringr...rive-0723985451

The Toryelegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/lotus/evora-400/

Videos:

XCAR: https://youtu.be/8aT4vTMwncU

Edited by ramjet
Removed duplicates

Excellent!! Very fair approach although he had to quote that bloody acronym again.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

And straight from Ireland Complete Car gives yet another positive review: 

http://www.completecar.ie/testdrives/article/Lotus/Evora/Evora_400/871/4908

Porsche 911: the benchmark, a brilliant all-rounder, but priced above the Lotus, and the Evora's more engaging more of the time.

• Gold FFM

• Gold FFM

So, so far it would seem that on the whole we have a winning car here.

The inevitable comparisons remain, and I think that we could probably be happy that the reviews mostly seem to put the Evora in the "better but flawed" category.

If Lotus can tempt enough people in the market for this kind of car in to test drives, then they stand a good chance of getting to their desired targets.

It will be interesting to see how the first "joe public" test drives go when the demonstrators arrive at dealerships.  Until we see how they go, we're still in "guess mode".

• Like 1

The print review in the new EVO heaps even more praise on the 400 than their brief online review. Very, very positive and some nice pictures.

"A slot in for eCOTY" and a head to head with the Cayman GT4 beckons they reckon. So looking forward to the full road tests.

• Like 1

The print review in the new EVO heaps even more praise on the 400 than their brief online review. Very, very positive and some nice pictures.

"A slot in for eCOTY" and a head to head with the Cayman GT4 beckons they reckon. So looking forward to the full road tests.

So the absolute top of the line Cayman versus the new baseline Evora... When the Evora is in the same price/performance  bracket as the 911 S...

Yes, the journo's just don't want to put the Evora 400 "base" against the 911 base as the 911 is £10k-£12k dearer and would lose on all counts except build quality / soft stuff.

So they will put it against the top of the line Cayman where the Cayman is £10k cheaper and that will more than justify yhe Cayman winning as it is cheaper and better built they will say and the Evora will be positioned to not cannibalise sales from the 911 range.

Who ever said the motoring Journo's were not biased / influenced by the big manufacturers?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.