free hit
counters
2bular exhaust - Fitted! - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It's here!' My 2bular valved backbox!! :D

Firstly a massive thank you to Jim Valentine for building such a wonderful system. It really is a Jekyll and Hyde system. With the valve shut its no louder than the stock system so very civilised. However with the valve open....well it's just immense!! There is no silencing with this setting so it's a straight through :D

Here are a few photos of the 100mm carbon tips and a quick video. The video doesn't do it justice as it really comes on song when you open it up on the move. Static blips are ok but it's really got a wonderful note when going through the gears :D

Video here - http://youtu.be/_sGnxGVnajo

image29.jpg

image69.jpg

image51.jpg

Edited by ChrisBuer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clarkson "That's a dirty, dirty noise!" /Clarkson  

Here's a few quick driveby videos, mindful to keep the car within the speed limit so no more than second gear. But it gives an idea

Thank you Chris!  Love that car - and I'm so glad the Carbon tips just finished off the rear so well.   Fitting of the exhaust is very straight forward. It bolts to the flange on the downpipe/flexy

Posted Images

Sounds lovely! Saw your car up on the ramps on Saturday, it's nice and clean underneath :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Wow fantastic contrast between the valve shut and valve open sound. Would love to hear that in real life. Are you bringing the car to Brands on the 15th/16th?

How does the exhaust valve work?

On the standard system it's automatic - high rpm in Tour, medium rpm in Sport and permanently open in Race/Off. Does it work the same way, or do you have to manually switch it?

It sounds ace, and the twin pipe look is so much better than the square box on the end of the standard system.

Wow fantastic contrast between the valve shut and valve open sound. Would love to hear that in real life. Are you bringing the car to Brands on the 15th/16th?

What's on the 15th and 16th? I could possibly bring it yes :)

How does the exhaust valve work?

On the standard system it's automatic - high rpm in Tour, medium rpm in Sport and permanently open in Race/Off. Does it work the same way, or do you have to manually switch it?

It sounds ace, and the twin pipe look is so much better than the square box on the end of the standard system.

Thw valve works exactly the same way as the stock system. The only difference is that there is a much bigger sound difference between the sound with the valve open compared to shut. It almost sounds like a completely different car with the valve shut and the open.

When open it also really crackles, burbles and pops especially when running down to low revs :D

Sounds lovely!

Out of interest (can you tell I'm tempted ;) ) any warranty implications?

Shouldn't be a problem for just a backbox. If you did manifolds and downpipes that would be a different matter though.

What added advantages would you expect to get from manifolds and downpipes? Obviously that adds significantly to the cost. Also curious whether there are any noticeable differences to performance or driveability - freer reving, throttle response etc..

What added advantages would you expect to get from manifolds and downpipes? Obviously that adds significantly to the cost. Also curious whether there are any noticeable differences to performance or driveability - freer reving, throttle response etc..

Apparently better performance (I've been quoted 50-70bhp with proper mapping), more free revving, oh and more noise!

Honestly though, you need to hear the backbox first. It's far louder than I expected with the valve open and it's a great sound! With it shut its no louder than stock apart from a very slightly deeper bass note.

Put it this way, I drove out last night for some petrol and going out down one road I had the valve shut and a small group of people outside a bar didn't bat an eyelid. No reaction at all.

After getting fuel, I looped back on the same road around and opened the valve up at the top of the street. I didn't accelerate hard or do anything different to make more noise, apart from opening the valve and I could see the group outside the bar all looking around as to where the thunder and crackling noise were coming from :D

Not that I've got it to attract attention. I just like the sound but it's not the sort of car that flies under the radar anyway so a bit more noise just adds to the fun :)

• Gold FFM

It's here!' My 2bular valved backbox!! :D

Firstly a massive thank you to Jim Valentine for building such a wonderful system. It really is a Jekyll and Hyde system. With the valve shut its no louder than the stock system so very civilised. However with the valve open....well it's just immense!! There is no silencing with this setting so it's a straight through :D

Here are a few photos of the 100mm carbon tips and a quick video. The video doesn't do it justice as it really comes on song when you open it up on the move. Static blips are ok but it's really got a wonderful note when going through the gears :D

Video here - http://youtu.be/_sGnxGVnajo

image29.jpg

image69.jpg

image51.jpg

That is one beautiful rear end my man!   hahaha. Love the colour, really special.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Very impressive, how long did it take you to fit? Are you getting it re-mapped? Be a shame not to take advantage of those extra ponies.

Very impressive, how long did it take you to fit? Are you getting it re-mapped? Be a shame not to take advantage of those extra ponies.

Fitting was straight-forward, but I don't know how long it took as it was put on as part of my running in service at B&C.

The system is just the back-box only, so no need to remap and any small variations will be picked up when the ECU re-learns anyway :)

Thanks, did B&C charge to fit the back-box or did it all come under the 3 year free servicing?