free hit
counters
2bular exhaust - Fitted! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clarkson "That's a dirty, dirty noise!" /Clarkson  

Here's a few quick driveby videos, mindful to keep the car within the speed limit so no more than second gear. But it gives an idea

Thank you Chris!  Love that car - and I'm so glad the Carbon tips just finished off the rear so well.   Fitting of the exhaust is very straight forward. It bolts to the flange on the downpipe/flexy

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

That sounds very nice, very exotic and very expensive. I'm saving my pennies for a full Jim 2bular special ( headers, sport cat, valved exhaust) for my NA Evora....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

That sounds very nice, very exotic and very expensive. I'm saving my pennies for a full Jim 2bular special ( headers, sport cat, valved exhaust) for my NA Evora....

My friend who was with me (with the orange Caterham) said that it sounded like a V8 / Ferrari :D

It's got a real howl when you open it up!!

Wondering how easy these are to fit, out like a nice sound but be able to swap out for standard for trackdays

Also wondering the same... Is this an easy 'on the drive' type job that can be done? 

www.alias23.com

Also wondering the same... Is this an easy 'on the drive' type job that can be done? 

If you have the right tools, anything is easy. I think it's undertray off job, so it's not quick. Well I'd not be able to do it but that's not saying much.

I changed my exhaust on the v6 in about 1hour and I am by no means a mechanic so pretty much anyone can do it so long as you have a socket set.

I do like the sound of it but I'd need to hear it side by side with a larini to know whether it's worth me changing over.

Anybody in the north got a 2bular?

• Gold FFM

Either go to Jim's website here  http://www.2bular.co.uk/ or click on the advert on the banner at the top of the forum when it comes around to 2bular.

You can also email Jim (the owner and maker of those fab exhausts) from the website with any questions / requests etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Thank you Chris!  Love that car - and I'm so glad the Carbon tips just finished off the rear so well.

Fitting of the exhaust is very straight forward. It bolts to the flange on the downpipe/flexy - same as the Evora in that respect. Usual fiddly screws etc on the diffuser/grilles.

I'm so happy with the sound of this exhaust - it came out better than expected. It's not a Track system, it was never designed for that use - this is purely to give THE best-sounding exhaust for the supercharged V6 motor (IMO!).

The valve on the OEM system is there to ensure a pass on the strict EU drive-by noise tests. If you check my website, you can see what's going on inside that OEM silencer and the restrictive route when the valve is "closed".

On the 2bular, when the valve is "closed", the route is through a straight-thru section, no restriction and a decent amount of silencing effect. It is merged with the 70mm pipe internally.  When the valve is "open" I wanted ZERO silencing effect - the beauty of having a valve - the best of both worlds.

70mm is the perfect diameter for a supercharged 3.5Ltr V6 with 350bhp. I do have the test "mule" running 450bhp at trackdays all over Europe, (Spa/Nordschleife/Mugelo/Imola) with the lightweight "Track" system. Target of 500bhp in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Thanks Jim. I can confirm that with the valve open, it does indeed give the most wonderful howl. In fact I'd go as far to say that it gives the car a mini super car feel to it as it now sounds as good as it looks.

I popped into the local town last night for some fuel and driving down the road past some bars and restaurants, the car caused quite a stir. People could hear me before they saw me and were looking around to work out where the thunder and rumbling was coming from :D

However I bought the system for me, not to turn heads (that's just a funny byproduct). Out on some country lanes on the way home when I could open the car up a bit....wow what a noise. A friend of mine said it sounded like a V8 Ferrari and he's right. It really does sound incredible.

Best of all, when I to creep home, close the valve and it's no louder than the stock system. Perfect! :D

Please forgive my ignorance, but what setting on the dpm activates the valve? I don't have the race option, but I usually drive around in sport mode. Which mode enables the valve? Does tour mode = quiet and everything else = loud?

2015 Orange Exige V6

Please forgive my ignorance, but what setting on the dpm activates the valve? I don't have the race option, but I usually drive around in sport mode. Which mode enables the valve? Does tour mode = quiet and everything else = loud?

In Touring mode the valve opens at high revs.

In Sport it opens at medium throttle.

Race the valve is perminitely open.

Thank you Chris!  Love that car - and I'm so glad the Carbon tips just finished off the rear so well.

Fitting of the exhaust is very straight forward. It bolts to the flange on the downpipe/flexy - same as the Evora in that respect. Usual fiddly screws etc on the diffuser/grilles.

I'm so happy with the sound of this exhaust - it came out better than expected. It's not a Track system, it was never designed for that use - this is purely to give THE best-sounding exhaust for the supercharged V6 motor (IMO!).

The valve on the OEM system is there to ensure a pass on the strict EU drive-by noise tests. If you check my website, you can see what's going on inside that OEM silencer and the restrictive route when the valve is "closed".

On the 2bular, when the valve is "closed", the route is through a straight-thru section, no restriction and a decent amount of silencing effect. It is merged with the 70mm pipe internally.  When the valve is "open" I wanted ZERO silencing effect - the beauty of having a valve - the best of both worlds.

70mm is the perfect diameter for a supercharged 3.5Ltr V6 with 350bhp. I do have the test "mule" running 450bhp at trackdays all over Europe, (Spa/Nordschleife/Mugelo/Imola) with the lightweight "Track" system. Target of 500bhp in a couple of months.

Hi Jim, I plan to do maybe 3 track days a year, 4 at the most. I would like to have my cake and eat it as they say, is it possible to make me a system that has a straight through valve for hooligan days with the roof off but one I can shut for the couple of track days or would it be getting to hot on track with the valve shut. Here is hoping you can as I am really interested in one of your systems for my V6, I have had one of your exhausts in the past and was really happy with it.

Regards Tom.

• Like 1

Thank you Tom!

Some owners have asked about this  - I'm not too keen tbh.

Track and Road are different worlds. I've ruined a set of tyres in ONE trackday - fried the brakes - the stresses are huge on every part of the car.

Especially the exhaust - and with NOISE being a huge issue now, you've got to have a very good system which keeps the dbs under control without introducing back-pressure.

This 70mm valved system is for a Road car and changing the layout and valve operation to Track use, means a totally new silencer and a new valve. Why bother with the extra weight of the pipework/valve anyway? I have a lightweight Track system available - going to get even more lightweight soon with a Titanium option.

What I WILL have for the Road system is a couple of add-on silencers to the tailpipes (those Carbon tips can be unclamped), with downward turned tips they would maybe get you on a "noisy" trackday.

Hehe yes his car does sound rather good although I didn't realise he had the 70mm valved system.

Do the added manifolds and downpipes add a lot more noise in terms of volume, or is it just a different pitch of sound?

Yes, Saj very kindly allows me to use his car as the test "mule" for R&D work.

The 3-1 manifolds + 57mm downpipes certainly increase the pitch - it REALLY screams with these as you can tell from the videos. Tony *******  - another Evora S owner says the same - quiet with valve closed - mental with it open.

I remember standing outside Murray Motors (Lotus dealer in Edinburgh) as Gary (workshop manager) took the car up the road after fitting the new exhaust. Oh my lord, I knew I'd hit the bulls-eye. I've made exhausts for Lamborghini and Ferraris and to have a V6 system rival those was a revelation.

Hi Jim, do you fit your exhausts at your place or just supply them?

You built mine yet? :lol:

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Gerofff - you're N/A!

Had a chat with Steve B******* (Spa) and he reckons his system works well track and road.

However, I have a cunning plan ..................................... - won't be this week though, I have to make some display systems for Festival!

Gerofff - you're N/A!

Had a chat with Steve B******* (Spa) and he reckons his system works well track and road.

However, I have a cunning plan ..................................... - won't be this week though, I have to make some display systems for Festival!

Interesting..... Intriguing.... :lol: text me more!

I'll be there Saturday on the stand for these fine forums, who's displaying your wares?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel