free hit
counters
lotus Esprit S4s for sale - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
philip600

lotus Esprit S4s for sale

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You'll regret it forever

Sell a kidney instead!!!

Only here once

Is it a V8 your after Phil? Pity to sell yours as is such a special car but I can understand the allure of some torque! Dilemmas of the rich and famous!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Lotus Esprit S4s, registered in March 1996. 43k miles. One of only 2 Esprit S4s models finished in Mica yellow complimented with monarch ( green ) leather interior. Some stone chips, mainly to the front bumper but overall bodywork & paint are in excellent order.

Standard Futura wheels refurbed 4 years ago & are still unmarked & fitted with excellent tyres.

Stainless steel exhaust & cat bypass pipe ( sounds superb ) plus K&N panel filter.

Very well maintained, belts replaced in 2013 at 39600 miles along with new clutch, drive shaft seals & rear crank seal. Oil replaced annually regardless of mileage.

CD player & upgraded speakers & full alarm.

Registration G8 LOT included.

Please contact me for further details / pictures.

In two minds whether to sell her but having owned her now for four years I fancy a change.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Hi,

Could be interested in a V8 but also looking at TVR Tuscans, would love to keep her but just fancy a change, life's too short !

Car no listed for sale on Lotusforsale.com :-)

Cheers, Phil.

• Like 1

If I wasn't looking for a house right now ;)....

Any chance you can keep it AND have a V8? Trust me, you'll want both. They are SO different, I think you'll miss the 4-cyl characteristics. It's so much more dramatic. The V8 is a sofa on wheels :D

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Hi Vanya,

I would love to keep her as well but unfortunately I can't afford another toy without selling this one & if I could I only have a single garage so nowhere to keep two.

I'm really torn but I do get bored keeping the same car for too long & want to try something different to add to the Ducati 748, AC Cobra replica with a rover V8 engine & a Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera I've owned before the S4s. So that's a 4 cylinder, flat 6, V8 so far so maybe a straight 6 is the next one to try ?

Phil

Philip, please tell me you're bringing this to the Brands festival.....

I'd really love to have a good look at it. Looks spectacular (and very tempting!) in your classified photos! 

Sorry Jonny, already had a  prior weekend away planned.

She does look fantastic & gets admiring glances & complementary comments whenever I take her out which is why I'm torn about selling her.

Phil.

Well I've taken a deposit on the Esprit & she's ready for the new owner to collect her Thursday. Sold to a new forum member who I'm sure will be along to introduce himself ( if he hasn't already )

Still got mixed feeling about selling her but as I said previously life's too short & feel it time for a change & it gives someone else a chance to enjoy her. Having said that it's going to be hard to watch her being taken away to her new home but I'm sure Stephen will take good care of her.

To all the people who told me not to buy a Lotus ( I won't repeat the acronym ) & said I'd spend more time fixing her than driving her, you're missing out on one of the best driving experiences out there !!!

She has given me over 4 years of pleasure & put a smile on my face every time I drove her, never let me down other than a few niggles & regular maintenance.​ It's been a privilege to have owned such an iconic car.

I'd also like to thank The Lotus Forums & all its members who have helped me immeasurably in sorting out the few issues I ever had & for all the advice & information contained on this brilliant site, it's more than worth the full membership cost.

I wish you all the very best for the future wherever you may be.

Kind regards, Phil.

• Like 1

http://www.lotusforsale.com/dashboard/

Click that then 'pause' the ad it'll mark it as sold :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice post Phil - can't wait until Thursday. And yes she will be looked after, that much I can guarantee as I'm properly over the top when it comes to my cars. Regards new to the forum.......not that new really as I've been on here on and off since 2008.

Been blabbing on for long enough that I've been working on a deal to buy a specific '82 Turbo for the last 3.5 years and that's still the plan, it's just the seller won't be rushed. Patience got the better of me and Phils stunning S4s will restart the Esprit collection once more and if and when the '82 Turbo deal happens what could be better than owning both!

• Like 1

Aah that's another one I wish I had the time, garage space and disposable income for. Not surprised it didn't hand around for long.

Guilty Jonny........ran out of patience waiting on the '82 Turbo! Hopefully one day soon I will have the pair in the garage but in the meantime........Midas Yellow here we come!!

Mica Yellow Stephen :thumbsup:

Can't believe I got that wrong Phil........I blame the hard slog of cleaning the garage out today to make space for the new arrival next week (nothing left in its space as I don't want anything nearby touching, rubbing, falling on the car......you get the picture!) for the lapse in concentration. Clearly old habits die hard too........as Midas is An SD1 colour Edited by stephenwhyte

Hi,

Could be interested in a V8 but also looking at TVR Tuscans, would love to keep her but just fancy a change, life's too short !

Car no listed for sale on Lotusforsale.com :-)

Cheers, Phil.

And i am a happy owner of a S4s and a Tuscan Yeahh!!! ;-)))))