free hit
counters
About to order an Exige but... - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

About to order an Exige but...

demiruyar

Am I the only one that thinks the Cup 360 looks cheap? Especially compared to a Green Exige S...

I know someone else after advice on this one:

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/76547-looking-for-some-harness-tips/

@demiruyar how are you getting on with your decision, any closer to ordering?

Not yet, I'm really torn between the GT4 and the awaited Exige 400.. But my heart belongs to an Exige 400..

Hope they can come up with it asap... And block the gt4 sales... I think the Evora 400 has no chance, but exige 400 can change the game for sure...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@demiruyar - OK, I'm intrigued, why do you think the Evora 400 "has no chance"?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I really don't want to turn this in to a Evora 400 vs conversation.

Weather be it the pricing,quality,overall performance.... For my money, GT4 takes it easily against the Evora 400.

Thats my opinion off course and I do respect yours..

However the Exige is in another league.. It's all about the raw performance. And if Exige gets the 400hp + revised manual gearbox there will be no room for the GT4 to breathe... And might push Porsche Weissach engineers to plan B '' GT4RS''

Edited by demiruyar

Porsche don't care about Lotus, nor your deposit. The GT4 RS will only happen if the marketing dept decide it will not cannibalise sales from the more profitable 911.

Stick with us, the next few years are going to be amazing. Take a look at the recent 311 'Ring videos for a glimpse of what's to come.

GT4 is the sensible choice. But if you want sensible do it properly and get a Golf diesel. Choosing a Lotus is about to get even more daft - in a good way.

The Evora 400 looks and sounds amazing in reality. Like many here I under-estimated it. It's going to be a very civilised weapon. GT4 owners should under-estimate them at their peril!

Welcome to TLF demiruyar. :welcome:

Hope you can keep your mind on what you are after with the side discussions going on. Maybe do yourself and pros and cons lit and go from there. Drive a few as well.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

hes just an exige man through and through....i suffer from the same affliction...... let him pass :)  :thumbsup:

i think what hes saying is the evora400 is a good car but the exige400 has more chance of changing the game and putting clear daylight between any VW offering and Lotus. 

im inclined to agree.... you could line the evora400 up against a gt4 or 911 and it will 'do well' against all of them in 'all' aspects.

the exige400 will ahem, simply put...... blow them away in performance and styling (which are the only categories us exige simpleton owners are interested in, frankly!) 

:sorcerer:

Edited by diego
  • Like 1

Just squint your eyes and imagine this with a windscreen and roof.

Note it's already being held up by a GT3RS!

GT4 is toast. All anyone will be able to say about it in comparison is that it's more comfortable on the motorway and has nicer indicator stalks! The current V6S has already beaten it in a German magazine test. The new one will be opening a can of Medieval whoopass on its ass!

:D  

OMG... I want it so bad! :unworthy:  Any ideas of when it might be available? 3-11 deliveries will be early next year.. If so waiting for the new exige 400 might take forever..

Edited by demiruyar

OMG... I want it so bad! :unworthy:  Any ideas of when it might be available? 3-11 deliveries will be early next year.. If so waiting for the new exige 400 might take forever..

I think you will be waiting 18 months for a 400 exige. At which point the rumours will be that a 450 is in the works. Personally, having come from a modified S2 Exige, I'm really glad I've made the change already at a price I could just about afford with the finance deal and other support provided. Whereas a mate who has a 400 Evora on order is (so far as I'm aware) getting no incentives or other deals at all. The 400 exige is going to be a chunk more than the current one is, IMO at least, so while I've no doubt that it will spank the equivalent porsche (whatever that may be) you are going to be paying a whole lot more for it than the current 350, which spanks the equivalent porsche already!. 

• Like 2

^ What he said. The 400 needs a whole new front end to accommodate the uprated cooling requirements, it's certainly not around the corner as far as I'm aware. Buy now, have fun. Be a shame to waste so much time on something which you're not sure on a delivery date for and as Will says, will no doubt have something better around the corner. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Get a 311 while you wait! Depreciation should be glacial on that.

Otherwise, I can confirm that owning the current Exige V6 is an entirely thrilling means of passing the time until Lotus fit the afterburners. Perhaps the really smart move would be to buy used?

• Like 2