free hit
counters
TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015 - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015

That's a superb summary of an exciting day there, Jonny - thanks.

I would concur with all your points about the structure of the day, and yes, that green car was somewhat recalcitrant!

Being a very occasional track driver, maybe a little more time at the start to sight the circuit and exercise my right arm on the gears would have been beneficial, plus perhaps a demo from the instructors of what they wanted us to do and how to do it ie the best way to unstick the car. It sure did take some provocation.

What shines through above all else is the passion of everyone at Hethel, so thanks once again to everyone involved for sharing some of that passion with us and thanks to Bibs for getting this organised.

And apologies to Emma for pulling the door handle off the Cup car - only trying to hold on?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently writing up a more technical piece about DPM and how the modes work but will talk more about the day itself here. As already mentioned, the presentation from Ross Restell (one of the top

Ok. We made it back Going to be leaving around 6pm as I fancy the challenge of the M25 at rush hour. What time were people thinking about eating at the BiH?

IN! IN! IN! Well done bibs for arranging - shame Mark can't join us... I will be staying night before as well - I will hook up with pits at Breckland. Breckland booked. Email sent. Can't wait

Posted Images

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes there were enough bits flying off the 360 Cup to make up a blooper reel! To be fair, it was only an old hack hastily tarted-up for the Brands festival, so in not in any way representative of a customer car! ;)

You lot are just making the usual race driver excuses... there was nothing wrong with the green one, in fact Jonny pointed out at the start of the day that the because it was MSG it would be faster anyway.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Bibs, I think we need a 'dislike' button! ;)

It was a Motorsport Green rocket that car but finding second gear felt like some sort of victory in itself!

They said that there were both left and right available depending on the day, not sure why we got the wrong side?

They were taking delivery of the new fleet of academy cars when we were there, I think I saw at least one of them had the steering wheel on the correct side. I would suggest confirming with Danny when booking though to be sure.

Edited by T3Jn

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Did you notice if it uses the same performance air filter and carbon induction tube as the Cup R?

To the best of my knowledge the 360 Cup uses an uprated filter element, not the CupR's carbon induction kit.

I can't say for sure because we weren't allowed to look under the engine cover as the car is still a development hack, hence the gaffer tape holding bits of the dashboard together. Nothing shonky about the way it handled and stopped however!

• Like 1
  • Bibs unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Just saw this thread. This sounds like a great event that I would definitely book (if the cars are LHD ;-) ) ... Any chance that this event will be repeated in 2016? Cheers Norbert

If there's enough interest,  certainly :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1. NW76
  2. Bullphi

Everyone loves a list :)

Evora NA

I would like to think that the price could be negotiated for a good turn out too, so sign up folks, it really is a great opportunity for anyone with the DPM system, so that includes Evora 400 drivers too.

I didn't go last year as I was down at Hethel the week before.

I would be interested this year depending on the date. Especially if it can be arranged for 29th July so I can combine it with a Hethel track day with LOT on 30th to put all my new information into practice.

Funny you should ask that...

Evora NA