free hit
counters
Audi and Porsche to work together on new V6 and V8 engines - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Audi and Porsche to work together on new V6 and V8 engines

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lexus IS 350 is actually getting an entirely new 3.5l V6 with Otto and Atkinson cycle since the GR-FE and FSE are being phased out as they cannot fully cope with EURO VI. The new engine code is 2G

I don't think anyone has advocated Lotus getting "money thrown at it" and my understanding, albeit maybe out of date, is that they do a reasonable return on "consulting" for other car manufacturers. I

Which begs the question where the new customers will come from Simon as many new prospects may well be walking into the Porsche dealer next door (even though when they finally tick the options and lea

Audi has entered a joint engineering programme with Volkswagen Group sister company Porsche to develop a new range of turbocharged V6 and V8 petrol engines, Autocar can reveal.

The engines are based around a common 90deg architecture and are planned to feature a common 500cc individual cylinder capacity, giving the new V6 an overall displacement of 3.0 litres and the new V8 4.0 litres.

Set to replace Audi’s and Porsche’s current V6 and V8 petrol units, the engines will feature gas-driven turbochargers in the first stage of production. However, insiders have hinted that electric turbocharging may be introduced at a later date.

Tolerances built into the architecture of the new engines will allow them to be scaled in capacity, according to sources. It is suggested that Audi may introduce an entry-level 2.5-litre version of the V6 fitted with the same Atkinson-cycle combustion process, as seen on the company’s new 2.0-litre petrol engine in the A4 2.0 TFSI Ultra.

The new family of V6 and V8 engines, which go under the internal codename KoVoMo (a play on the German words Konzern Vee Otto Motoren), are destined to appear in future Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Volkswagen and possibly Lamborghini models.

The article as it appeared on the autocar.co.uk website.

• Gold FFM

Thought I read somehwere in the last few days that Porsche were focusing on 4 cylinder engines, 2ltr and 2.5ltr ish to push out around 250 - 340 bhp! Must have been hallucinating.

Is it just me or are all mainstream cars just going to become so, well, alike! I mean basically re-skinned Audi's, VW's and Merc's with different badges stuck on the front?

I mean Audi R8 and Lambo Hurracan or whatever. Basically the same car just a different skin..... I suppose it keeps people in marketing in a job though.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

They have worked with Porsche in the past with items such as the RS2 in the 90s, serious bit of kit back in the day :B)

I can only think it comes down to money as you half your development expenditure joining forces, lets face it the engines these

two major giants come up with will be pretty good and reliable ;)

A

• Gold FFM

^^^^^^^ Really? Good and reliable just because the name Porsche or VW is on it?

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/porsche-whiffs-customer-care

Good in that it will perform, yes, but reliable, hmmmm, I think both Porsche and VW have been resting on very old laurels there

This is what I had read re the Cayman and Boxster getting 4 cylinder turbo engines from 2016.  Might this be an attempt to widen the gap, that has closed considerably recently, between flagship 911 performance and the Cayman / Boxster upstarts?

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/porsche-boxster-and-cayman-will-get-4.html

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Nothing new really, there has always been much cooperation, just think of the 914, 924, RS2, Cayenne/Touareg/Q7 etc.

Just a way to make the news and get people talking IMHO.

Off course it makes a lot of sense in today's market to share as much of the development as possible, but not really a recipe for exiting engineering...

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

From the description these engines seem destined for the SUVs and Audi MLB-framework. Cayenne, Macan, Panamera, Q7, Q5, A4, A6 provide a large enough spectrum. Unlikely to see any non-boxer engines in a Porsche sportscar.

But it really would be nice to see Toyota/Lexus develop ANY performance oriented engines of similar scale, whether in conjuntion with Lotus or not.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

As Porsche is part of the Volkswagen Group no big News, as Thomas already said, the engines will be for the big boxes, not the Sport cars. The new 4 cyl will be for the Boxster / Cayman.

When Porsche was not part of the Volkswagen Group other manufac. were so Kind to help Porsche to survive, that was the origin of the RS 2, they even build the e500 for Mercedes in that decade.

Porsche is going to have Boxer 4 and 6 but  also V6 and V8...  

But that is not my point. My point is could you imagine Lotus and Lexus doing the same thing for all Toyota engines developing engines from the ground up these days allows them to build run of the mill engine for the A4 and A6 sure but I'm pretty sure that these engines will get seriously sporty when in RS or they'll find their way on a Pajun, Maccan, Panamera or Cayenne.

Can you imagine Lotus being given the opportunity to do engine design again for a major mainstream automaker who has the right kind of muscle...

• Gold FFM

But Lotus is not part of the Toyota / Lexus Group of companies like Porsche is part of the VW/Audi Group of companies. Surely there is a difference between an in-group "initiative" to create a news story as opposed to a an external "partnership". I can imagine the legals for the Porsche/VW/Audi linkup for instance would be child's play compared to the legal arrangements and cover around IP / Designs etc. for Lotus with Toyota/Lexus.

To answer your point, yes I can see Lotus being given the opportunity. The real question for me is where would that opportunity come from? Lexus seemed able to produce it's sports car engines (ISF / LFA etc.) so do they know they need Lotus expertise here? What is the need?  I would say looking at Lexus vehicles that they would do better to invest in Lotus' expertise around "lightening" vehicles and tuning their handling, rather than engine building. But then, I am not an expert and might be talking a load of BS to be honest, it's just an ill informed opinion. :)

I was wondering about what engines Lotus might use in their next Elise and even down the line for the Evora/Exige (and possibly Esprit). Toyota seems to have gone down the path of downsizing its 1.8 litre engines to the new 1.2 litre turbo which is, I suppose, unlikely to be easily upgradeable to over 200 bhp. On the other hand, the 1.8 litre is continuing in the U.S. market and is still in the Euro-spec Avensis update so they should be around for a while. I'd like to see the new Lexus 2.0 litre turbo put to good use as that's pumping out 235 horses with 258 lb-ft of torque right out of the box but it's difficult to know whether Toyota genuinely has any interest whatsoever in striking up new engine deals. The aforementioned 2.0 turbo is certainly already heading for a number of Lexus and Toyota models in the near future.

The Lexus 3.5 litre engine is going to be soldiering on for a few years yet and there is, of course, the shiny new 467bhp 5.0 litre V8 from the RC-F ... we can dream!

I think that what Lotus must have in the next line-up, however, are class-competitive transmissions. If they're taking criticism for their transmissions now, then that is really going to become an ever-increasing issue further down the line.

You're right, Lotus has to break with its dismal heritage of poor gearboxes. After all, how can you otherwise compete with Porsche (or any other Sportscar maker).

Unfortunately Toyota /Lexus as a partner give little hope for rapid improvement. Hopefully JMG takes the necessary actions to go third party.

On the engine side the only issue I have with Toyota /Lexus is their lack of focus on high load durability. Seems like only the Germans build engines to sustain high Autobahn speeds over time and distance.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

Now I thought I read somewhere that Porsche/ Audi and VW are looking to drop the double clutch DSG box in the future as it is proving to be too expensive on all but thd costliest highend models.

The Cayman GT4 is manual only and the Gt3 RS is holding its high values as last "manual" GT 911. So what Lotus needs is a crackibg 6 speed manual box from Getrag or similar and we're away...

I was wondering about what engines Lotus might use in their next Elise and even down the line for the Evora/Exige (and possibly Esprit). Toyota seems to have gone down the path of downsizing its 1.8 litre engines to the new 1.2 litre turbo which is, I suppose, unlikely to be easily upgradeable to over 200 bhp. On the other hand, the 1.8 litre is continuing in the U.S. market and is still in the Euro-spec Avensis update so they should be around for a while. I'd like to see the new Lexus 2.0 litre turbo put to good use as that's pumping out 235 horses with 258 lb-ft of torque right out of the box but it's difficult to know whether Toyota genuinely has any interest whatsoever in striking up new engine deals. The aforementioned 2.0 turbo is certainly already heading for a number of Lexus and Toyota models in the near future.

The Lexus 3.5 litre engine is going to be soldiering on for a few years yet and there is, of course, the shiny new 467bhp 5.0 litre V8 from the RC-F ... we can dream!

I think that what Lotus must have in the next line-up, however, are class-competitive transmissions. If they're taking criticism for their transmissions now, then that is really going to become an ever-increasing issue further down the line.

The Lexus IS 350 is actually getting an entirely new 3.5l V6 with Otto and Atkinson cycle since the GR-FE and FSE are being phased out as they cannot fully cope with EURO VI. The new engine code is 2GR-FKS - it as also been coded 7GR on wikipedia. The engine is debuting on the new RX350 and the new Tacoma this year. I do not expect a huge powerhike but more torque  definitely an efficiency boost, and lower emissions for the and definitely something more "tuneable" to Lexus liking.

As for Lotus they designed an LS V8 engine for GM and the old "Ecotec" engine has also been designed in Hethel back in the day. Andy brought a very good point, lightening solutions and chassis tuning in exchange for in depth engine tuning ... That could be an excellent deal for Lotus. They already open the gearboxes to retune them, but they don't touch the engine much,  only ECU, intake and exhaust, that leaves a lot of room for tuning.   

Would you mind if Toyota was to buy a 17% share in Lotus like they did in the mid 80's, I wouldn't.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I'd be quite happy to see Toyota take a share in Lotus, not sure Proton would be too happy but then not an expert there.

Toyota used to produce some great sports cars years ago - the Corolla, the original MR2 and especially the gorgeous early Celica's and the 4 wheel drive version that was very successful in rallying.  Recently though they seem to be only interested in competing for "family hack of the year" type honours, though can;t help but think that if they had tied up with Lotus rather than Subaru then their recent GT86 would have been a much finer sports automobile, not that it's a shabby one today. But imagine a Lotus engineered chassis, lightness built in,and possibly a Lotus turbo charged 4 cylinder delivering 250 bhp. It would have been so much more of a sports car than what was delivered with Subaru and could have provided the mechanicals for the new Elise.

To be honest, I think the future for Lotus could be very bright. We had a few years under DB where it was all marketing hype and overspend on the "wrong" things. The new CEO seems to be taking a much more logical, thought out and well planned approach and certainly a much more sensible business approach.

Who knows, if Renault buys the Enstone team, given JMB's contacts maybe we could see a resurgence of a Renault Lotus F1 partnership (after all, a few years ago who'd have bet money on McLaren Honda getting back together) - using the real Lotus people and expertise and not just the name like Enstone did - and a road car development programme with Renault and Lotus.  Hmmm, who knows what is in store for the future, I just think it is no longer going to be orange, but hopefully black, gold and red or MSG and Yellow.....

Sadly don't think such companys as Toyota will ever invest in Lotus, Low production and the only bonus Toyota get at the

moment is they make a little cash from the engines they sell to Lotus, Take for instance Jaguar, Landrover once owned

by Ford who sold it, but they still supply the engines, that's various sites in the UK and abroad and one site alone bangs

out 600 a day and that's just one site ! 

Comes down to money and return and as fantastic as Lotus are they just don't attract big car companys to inject

cash these days for what they can offer in return, Yes Lotus still has the ability to design and produce light weight

and cars that handle well but so do most other car makes now.

I would love to see this brand get money thrown at it, but I just don't think it will happen.

A

• Gold FFM

I don't think anyone has advocated Lotus getting "money thrown at it" and my understanding, albeit maybe out of date, is that they do a reasonable return on "consulting" for other car manufacturers. I also do not believe that "most other car makes" have the ability to do lightweight properly.  

Mazda certainly, as a volume manufacturer, have invested heavily in this area and continue to make great strides but who else is really pursuing this strategy with enthusiasm and success?

VW/Audi's are piling on the pounds quicker than me and so are most of the other European Manufacturers. Let's be honest, their development Euro's don't get, as first priority, thrown at "lightness" or "suppleness" in general. US manufacturers no better in this department.  So I do believe Lotus can continue to carve out a lightweight consulting niche, but it will never be a major revenue stream to match it's car sales revenues.

Though I think you have missed my point re attractiveness of Lotus engineering skills - I specifically called out the Toyota GT86 as an example and still believe this could have driven significant benefits to Toyota and Lotus through a tie-up.  But then there are lots of commercial pressures at play.

Not sure if I agree also with the analogy around JLR and Ford as part of the price of the sale would be "fixed" by the revenues from the ongoing engine supply deals to Ford - so both sides had a mutual interest in the deal being shaped this way commercially and we are not talking about Toyota "buying" Lotus - the analogy just does not fit in my mind.

Again to go back to the Toyota GT86 - Toyota could have got Lotus to work magic on an existing Toyota engine that could have been used in the GT86 AND then the new Lotus Elise. This would meant that rather than buying a Subaru engine they would be using their own and also they would not then have an almost identical car from a rival manufacturer competing for what will be, by large volume manufacturers numbers, a small niche model.

To get back to your points - it's not about anyone throwing large amounts of cash to Lotus as if it was a charitable basket case - It isn't!  It does have, in my humble opinion of course, a legacy of engineering design, manufacturing and know-how skills and experience that the big volume boys (and indeed many exotica rivals) just do not have as if they did, then their cars would ride, handle and turn-in every bit as good as the Evora's, Exiges and Elises of this world.  Lotus needs to get it's price points down to sell more cars and volume agreements and alliances around components will help here. The "big biys" don't have the cash to throw around all areas and focus on what makes them money - volume, simple construction, cheap manufacturing, automation for their mainstream models. 

• Like 1

Lotus needs to get it's price points down to sell more cars and volume agreements and alliances around components will help here.

I agree, but as far as I can see the only direction Lotus pricing is going is up :(

It took a huge amounts of man maths, and "getting my head round"  to go from my old £36k (new) Exige S220, to a £62k Exige V6.

We have to look at this in context. Back in 06 when I picked the Exige S it was somewhat of a performance bargain. Compared to a Boxster S of the same era, it was both cheaper and MUCH quicker.

10 years on the car now is MUCH more expensive than a current Boxster S, and the performance gap has narrowed significantly.

Where will we be in another 10 years? 

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I did it as I'm completely smitten with the car, however I'm probably one of a handful of buyers prepared to splurge this sort of cash on what is really a second car. (On the plus side it oozes exclusivity that few cars in any price bracket get close to ;) )

If the Exige 400 is >£70k (which is where I suspect it will end up) it will probably be a bridge too far even for me in 18 months time when I consider upgrading :(

• Gold FFM

Which begs the question where the new customers will come from Simon as many new prospects may well be walking into the Porsche dealer next door (even though when they finally tick the options and leave they will have spent more, subject of course to Porsche deeming then fit to buy one of their precious cars!).  

I think that as good as the Exige 400 will be, £70k could well be a step too far, but then I also think £75k for the Evora 400 is pushing it.

Take £10k off each and I think you are about right and in the right ball park from a retail perspective. But again, I don't know what margin they make on the cars and what margin they are shooting for.

• Like 1

I haven't read of of the thread but re Toyota / Lotus tie-in, but for newer converts to the marque- Lotus have in the past been owned (part owned ?) by Toyota, GM and Bugatti too but are possibly too closely linked to Proton now to take advantage of future tech development. Also worth mentioning that not too long ago Lotus Engineering were responsible for development or design of a large % of engines on the road across Europe. I can't remember the figures but it was staggering for such a small company and sadly never really publicised to the extent that it should have been due to confidentiality clauses. I think all historical now though.

Completely agree finding new customers is going to be a challenge. We are sort of in a no-man's land right now. Expensive but not deemed a status symbol.

For whatever reason the brand isn't seen as exclusive enough (madness really as I suspect the Exige will end up being rarer than most of the GT Porsche cars)

Is it because the engine is from Toyota? Or because Lotus don't spend billions in advertising / product placement

I looked out in the car park, and my car sat next to a pair of colleagues cars an SL and a C4S. I can tell you which looked most special (and actually expensive if you knew nothing about the brands)

Maybe DB was right in this regard, to get silly margins, it's more about brand than substance. ;)

Lotus have never been owned by Toyota although they've been very close partners for 35+ years.

There was a point not too long ago under MJK where their clients included every single OEM in the world!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The price point JMG is going for is up there because the margins on the previous models were too small and as Lotus needs to rely mostly on themselves for funding (with only a little cash provided by DRB Hicom a while ago) they just need to be up there for now.

It makes me sad as it keeps the car a bit to far from me for my liking... Especially in a country where an Elise sells second hand for much more than a kidney on the black market...  But hey... He wants to grow the company and he's taken the necessary steps.  I think that at 72k Evora 400 is priced properly (it lacks a few things but the performance and exclusivity alone sort of justify the price) 

The upcoming  Exige 400 will probably be the new Exige 400 Cup. The motorsport version of it will be a de facto GT4 car contender, so even at 72K it's a very cheap way to go into GT racing. The current Exige S sells really well, last I heard, about a thousand unit per year now that they have an automatic option, the next refresh will bring a revamped cabin and thinner-lower sills for more "daily driveability". It 's being set up to go toe to toe with the Boxster/Cayman... However I think it will retail for slightly less than 72k. The current S retails for 50k+ I think the Exige 400 will retail for around 65k.

New customers will be conquest ones for the most part, there are not that many Lotus owner who change cars every times a new models comes out. Evora 400 is also in a way a reboot for that it will give Lotus a few good pointers as to what they should expect from a  new customer based point of view.

To go back to my initial posting... Lotus and Toyota have a long history together. Toyota was once the benevolent custodian for Lotus before the sold the company to GM which did "uh very little with it, imo". Evidently Toyota doesn't really need Lotus Help for engine design ; they designed the LFA engine... However they needed Yamaha help to design the 2ZZ.... Considering Toyota is set to continue being the go to engine supplier... It is in Lotus interest to ask as much as they can to Toyota by providing Toyota as much as they can so that Toyota still sees an interest. The way I see it 2000/3000 extra engines per year doesn't represent much of an investment for TMC

Lotus situation is still in a state of flux, not at risk at going belly ups cause the new CEO and his crew are doing the right things to keep the company standing on its own two fit by itself. By the way the company appears to be  debt free (see article below) !!! Still the picture will get a lot clearer after the SUV authorization is made and final. Right now it is still vaporware as it does depend on Chinese government authorization, plus Proton and Goldstar doing their due diligence.

by the way : http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/lotus-picks-fujian-build-first-china-plant-2019

As people have to register I'll post the article below:

Lotus picks Fujian to build first China plant by 2019

By Sulhi Azman / Digital Edge Daily   | August 3, 2015 : 9:59 AM MYT    
print_icon.gifmail_icon.gifpdf_icon.gif

SHAH ALAM: Proton Holdings Bhd’s sports car subsidiary, Lotus Group International Ltd, plans to build a plant to manufacture Lotus-brand sport utility vehicles (SUVs) in Fujian Province, China, by 2019.

The proposed plant will have an initial capacity to produce 100,000 SUVs per year.

Proton chief executive officer Datuk Abdul Harith Abdullah said the move is in line with Lotus Group’s plan to manufacture its first SUV in China, in 2019.

“We are talking to the local authorities [in China] to build a manufacturing plant there. But before we can do that, it will take us at least two years to obtain a manufacturing licence,” Abdul Harith, who is also a director of Lotus Group, told DigitalEdge Daily.

“Once we get the licence, we, together with our local partner (Goldstar Heavy Industrial Co Ltd), will start building the manufacturing facility,” he said.

Proton and Lotus Group in April this year signed a joint-venture (JV) agreement with China’s Goldstar, which will see a Lotus-brand passenger car built and sold in the country, as well as aftersales services of Lotus cars provided there. Lotus Group has identified China as the company’s top key growth market for exports, and expects it to expand even faster in the coming years.

This will be done via a JV, Goldstar Lotus Automobile Co Ltd, in which Proton, Lotus Group and Goldstar will hold stakes of 40%, 10% and 50%, respectively. The investment in China is expected to cost up to 10 billion yuan (RM6.16 billion).

“China currently contributes 20% or 22 million cars of global automotive sales, and it is important for us to have a presence there,” said Abdul Harith.

“We will start with Lotus [sUVs] first, and gradually, we will bring Proton [models] there. But first, we need to understand China’s auto policy, which requires China’s cars to have high levels of local content.

“That’s because we could get penalised if we don’t comply with it (policy), which could lead to our cars becoming expensive and less competitive,” he added.

During the first year of operations, Abdul Harith projects Lotus Group to sell more than 10,000 SUVs in China, and subsequently increased to match its production capacity. In the long run, he did not discount the possibility of exporting the SUVs out of China to other markets in Europe, Asia and the United States.

“We view Lotus as a premium brand. Obviously, we want to be at par with competitors, and in this case, we see premium brands, such as Audi, Porsche and even Lamborghini, having the SUV segment,” he said.

Abdul Harith declined to reveal the SUV’s specifications, saying it is still in the early design stage.

It is understood that the Lotus SUV will rival Porsche’s Macan models, and will have engine capacities from two litres.

Meanwhile, Abdul Harith said Lotus Group recently completed the rightsizing of its engineering arm, which saw its overall workforce reduced by 25%, as it seeks to achieve lean and competitive operations amid a high-cost base.

For the financial year ended March 31, 2014 (FY14), Lotus Group trimmed its employee and pension cost by 9% to £48.66 million from £53.44 million in FY13.

“We took a painful decision to downsize Lotus Group’s operations, mainly because we wanted to achieve higher efficiency. The engineering arm is still there, but a rightsizing was needed to save overhead costs substantially in the future,” said Abdul Harith.

Currently, Lotus Group’s engineering arm provides consultancy services — particularly for suspension systems — to other car manufacturers.

For FY14, Lotus Group’s engineering arm saw its revenue fall 42% to £12.63 million from £21.97 million for the previous year, as it grappled with weak market condition, increased competition and cost pressures. The weak performance of the engineering arm pulled the group’s revenue for FY14 down by 9% to £81.12 million from £89.76 million for FY13.

“We are streamlining Lotus Group’s engineering unit to grow its third-party consultancy business, while continuing to support the in-house product development,” he said.

Abdul Harith expects Lotus Group to sell some 3,000 cars in FY16, from 2,015 units recorded in FY15, anchored by its existing Elise, Exige and Evora models, as well as additional variants to be launched later in the year. Sales of Lotus cars have been improving from 1,292 units in FY13 to 1,301 units in FY14.

Abdul Harith also believes that some 50 new dealers spread across Europe, the Middle East and Asia — who will join Lotus Group by year end — will help to boost sales.

“The positive reception that we have been receiving in both new and established markets is telling signs that our product development strategy is heading in the right direction. We are constantly enhancing our distribution channel as demand for Lotus cars in countries like China and Japan continues to grow.

“The new models and variants recently launched will hopefully accelerate sales volumes in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia by considerable margins,” said Abdul Harith.

This year, Abdul Harith expects Lotus Group to have a positive operating cash flow, with an aim to break even in FY16.

For FY14, Lotus Group saw its net loss narrowed to £71.07 million from £167.85 million for 2013, while operating loss eased to £44.7 million from £60.3 million a year ago. Sales of Lotus cars grew by a marginal 1% to £68.49 million for FY14, from £67.79 million for FY13, driven by its Exige model and motor sport derivatives.

Lotus Group currently has zero borrowing as all of its debt, which amounted to £203.81 million (RM1.22 billion), was settled by Proton last year.

“This removes the burden of Lotus Group, and we will continue to support Lotus Group in its quest create value for its stakeholders. You have to understand that the substantial investment is needed to implement the strategies, and returns will bear fruit in the long run,” said Abdul Harith.

This article first appeared in Digital Edge Daily, on August 3, 2015.

Edited by NedaSay

hence the 65k starting point... JMG is unlikely to have the car start over 70k as it will blur the lines a bit much between Exige and Evora, even if Lotus probably has less of a problem with that than a certain company from Weissach... Start at 65k which is a + still 8k price hike for the base price... apply the same recipy as 400, a very comprehensive package with very few options, and be done with it.  

• Like 1