free hit
counters
S4s required for magazine article - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

S4s required for magazine article

Does anyone have a beautiful (and ideally bright) S4s they'd like to see on the cover and inside Classic Car magazine?

You will need to be at the Lotus factory on the 26th Aug, more details available for interested owners. Lemme know :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bump.

Hi Bibs,

Shame the factory is 4 1/2 hours away from me, that & the fact I've got it up for sale, but they don't come much brighter than Mica yellow !!

Phil.

Got to be worth the trip, nearly all classic mag articles have the cars for sale in the end paragraph small print!

Take it there Philip - it'll be sold once the magazine gets released for sure

And you'll have a shedload of pro photographs to remember her by

Would love to go but would also struggle to take another day off work as well at the moment

I think I would take that offer.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Does anyone know who's car was used in the end? 

Owen's GT3. 

Hi, as soon as the article is out I can publish some of my photographs from the day, which was fun even though it rained during the day. It also took place at former RAF Coltishall and not Lotus Cars.

Can you update us @OwenGT3 with a few pics please?

Hi, I would love to post some photo's, been wanting to for ages, but was told to refrain from any internet publishing until after the article has been published. I thought it was going to be the December issue which is out now, but it was the Elise 20 years front cover, so hoping it will be out next month. We were all told it runs about a month behind, but it's been two now, so must be out soon.

I was going to do a write up of the day and photos once the article was out. I also have some in car video of the day to post to YT.

Edited by OwenGT3
  • Like 1

The Essex was also used for a photo shoot for Classic cars as part of a 1980's Turbo feature.

Organised via Bibs it was a great, if wet, day out at Longcross. The track is used by McLaren as Woking is nearby and they had some rather fantastic McLarens being tested including the 'new one'. Some people actually get paid to do donuts all day in supercars..  

I understand that it will be out in a few months time.    

• Like 1

I've found out that the article my Esprit GT3 is appearing in, the Classic Car Magazine article will be out at the end of December. Jensen interceptors are adorning the cover this month. as soon as it's out I will publish my pictures from the day and upload the video to YT.

• Like 1

Looks good ....

(tootles off to the shops....)

• Like 1

Nice one Owen. I see they weren't impressed by the gearchange, was that before or after your translator refurb?

• Like 1

Sounds like they really enjoyed it, always wanted to have a go in a GT3.  

Learnt a new word from that article 'obstreperous' 

1. noisy and difficult to control.
    "the boy is cocky and obstreperous"

Awesome ;)

• Like 1

On 31/12/2015 at 16:28, Loose Cannon said:

Nice one Owen. I see they weren't impressed by the gearchange, was that before or after your translator refurb?

My translator has been refurbed for ages, it just not a great gear change. I've checked everything is correct and done the translator measuring, it could just be a slightly worn baulk rings, it's perhaps due for a service. They got one thing wrong, I think I said I used it two or three times a week, not everyday like the article says. Generally a good write up, beat the Ferrari's arse and in the top four of cars to pick out of the bunch.

Read it in the shop ;last night Owen - very good write up and the car looks stunning. Well done.

• Like 1

Nice one Owen.  I'll keep a lookout for the mag when it hits the shops here in Oz in early June 2016.  ;-)

A link to my Flickr account and more photos from the day. I will post the video soon I shot with my action camera.

Classic Car Magazine Shoot

I think he's doing about 110 mph in this photo and was still accelerating.
24044102221_67c44b8818_b.jpg
23499915993_0e3bd9bb14_b.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3
  • Like 1

Good article. I like all the cars in the group for different reasons. The 90s rock!

• Like 1