free hit
counters
fan motors and wiring diagram - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

fan motors and wiring diagram

Ekku

Hello everybody,

I have been reading this forum some time now and I think it is time for my first post in here.

Me and my father bought 1998 Esprit V8 couple years ago. We have not done much driving and now we have made sort of "back to the road" service to the car. We have allready done the cambelt, oil, gearbox oil, driveshaft seal etc. replacements, but there is some major repair still in progress.

The car has been imported back from Florida to the Europe and it seems that it has been in some sort of the accident in the past. The front of the car has been repaired quite well and the car drives fine, but who ever has done the repairs has replaced only the radiator and not the aircon parts.

I have managed to source nearly all the parts missing now.

The car has original fan motor cowling, but there is only one fan motor left. Because the cowling is original, it would be easiest way to replace the missing ones with the original type units.

I would need the wiring diagram too. It is usefull to have when putting everything back together.

I would like to know the original type of fan motor and where it has been sourced from?

I suppose that it is not "unique" for Lotus only.

"Older I get, faster I was"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do your fans look like these

image.jpg1_zps40lwxzej.jpg

If so, they're Ford Fiesta fans, which have a 50mm PCD for the three bolt fittings. Probably Mk. 4 or 5.

If they are the same, how soon do you need them? Mine are new, but I'm going to buy some different ones when the Alunox rad pack arrives, so they'll be up for sale soon.

Edit - I've just noticed you're in Finland, so maybe not!

Margate Exotics.

Yes, the only remaining fan looks just like that.

I have bought much stuff from Uk, but with item this common, it is better to get them from little closer.

There seems to be great difference in delivery cost compared of Uk and Germany for example.

Thank You for the info. When the last missing piece of the A/C-system, the other condenser arrives, I will be ready to the last push.

"Older I get, faster I was"

• 2 weeks later...