free hit
counters
My Esprit will not start - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My Esprit will not start

David Lunn

Hi Lotus friends,

I own a V8 Esprit, 1999 model. Recently I had a problem with my driver side door window switch. I could lower the window but the switch was intermittent for raising it again. I prized the switch out and opened it to see if could be repaired. Some small metal plates fell out. Whilst trying to reassemble and test the switch with the ignition switch on and the engine running I shorted out the switch causing the small light on the windows switch to go out. Thinking I had simply blown a fuse I turned the car off and checked both fuse boxes in the front and back of the car. I didn't find a blown fuse in either. Sadly when I tried to restart the car it would not turn over. When the ignition key is in the first position all the correct lights come on in the dash board but when the ignition switch is turned to the second position to turn over the engine nothing happens. Is there some other fuse somewhere else I don't know about.

Many thanks for your help,

David

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest modifiedv8engines

Sounds a bit like an alarm or immobilizer issue David

Location of various fuseboxes in inthe workshop manual front under hood, beleive there some more in the passenger footwell and also in the rear tailgate engiine compartment.