free hit
counters
Evora side mirrors (blind spot) - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora side mirrors (blind spot)

TheKevlarKid

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

With you on this one! I would love one too (other side for me / driving RHD in Europe).

Jag X type I think are the ones but I have never been sure enough to commit to buying the dodgy looking ones on ebay. I will happy pay upto 150gbp to sort this out. It is actually a nightmare on acute junctions.

Yes, they are Jag Xtype Mk1 mirrors

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yes I have already found it to be a problem. My first run down a dual carriageway slip road nearly had me in the side of the traffic. I had a car in the blind spot pretty much all the way down it until I was just about to cross over the white lines and out into him. Thankfully I just caught a sight of him there at the last minute. 

Needs addressing straight away, thanks for the heads up.

:D 

I thought the mirrors on thd GTE were you only for looking at those wide hips (rear wheel arches).  :rambo:

I don't think you can fix that obsession with a better mirror. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

I've always leant forward and back as I approach a slip road, changing the angle of the reflected view out of the wing mirrors.  Admittedly it makes me look quite "special" but at least I've avoided cutting anyone up, or worse still pulling in to them...

• Gold FFM

There's a couple of awkward junctions near where I live - I have to say that I position the car in a "special" way - I do get some funny looks but then as you say Dave I haven't yet had an issue.  

If you do change the glass to the asopheric, let us know how you get on Cocopops thought the £130 for the mirror seemed steep, I am sure they are available elsewhere a bit cheaper, that was the first website I found that had them.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

its the LHD that is the problem for me, there is a gaping huge hole in what you can see down the right hand side of the car. 

Ah, that would totally justify £130 IMO.  No amount of head bobbing or weaving is going to sort that otherwise.

Jonny,

The ones you have linked are convex, which the Evora comes with anyway. So be careful if you are ordering these thinking they offer anything more. I think Gav is looking at something that offers a split viewing I.e.Aspheric ones.

Jonny,

The ones you have linked are convex, which the Evora comes with anyway. So be careful if you are ordering these thinking they offer anything more. I think Gav is looking at something that offers a split viewing I.e.Aspheric ones.

Ah, rightio. I thought it might have been the convex ones that he wanted (because the other ones listed were flat).

Exactly, split ones are what Gav and I are after imo.   But if there are better convex ones available than what are already on the car I ready to try. Unless you drive the 'wrong side' you can't really imagine how big the blind spot is. I have the PAX seat always specifically adjusted if I am driving alone to maximise the rear quarter window view but it doesn't help much in those junctions that are acute.