free hit
counters
TLF Christmas Dinner - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF Christmas Dinner

Bibs

Getting in before they put the decorations up in the shops, the TLF Christmas Dinner will be on Saturday 12th December. 

Menu as below and we'll need choices in advance as ever but the roast spuds will be to die for as ever as we're back for the 3rd year at the wonderful Nevill Bull in Birling, Kent. 

http://nevillbull.co.uk/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g678913-d2486806-Reviews-Nevill_Bull-West_Malling_Kent_England.html

A good place to stay locally is the Premier Inn in Leybourne and I'll ferry people to and from the hotel to the pub before dinner as usual, no need for cabs. (You can make your own way back there but it's under 5 mins in a cab, I'll not be driving later in the night!)

http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/MAICAS/maidstone-leybourne

Rooms are currently £35/night.

We'll be in the pub for 7pm for an 8pm meal. 

1. Bibs - Duck, Turkey, Christmas Pud

2. Laura

3. Mike Kimberley

4. Kimbers

Menu:

Homemade Cream of Vegetable Soup

Prawn Cocktail

Homemade Pate with Nevill Bull Relish and Toast

Smoked Mackerel Salad with Horseradish Dressing

Smoked Duck Salad with Cranberry Dressing

Homemade Mushroom, Aubergine and Mixed Nut Roast

Roast Turkey with all the Trimmings

Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding

Salmon in White Wine, Cream and Prawn Sauce

Braised Lamb Shank in Red Wine and Rosemary

All served with seasonal vegetables and proper roast or new potatoes

Christmas Pudding with Cointreau Cream and Brandy Butter

Plum Tart with a Light Crumble Topping

Eton Mess

Chocolate Fudge Cake

Mixed Ice Cream

Mince Pies

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1. Bibs

2. Laura

3. Mike Kimberley

4. Kimbers

5. internets

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

its a long way away....(miles...distance)

so will need to consult the social secretary on my return home over the B/H weekend.....

any additional plans for anything Friday or Sunday?........just wondering about making a weekend of it......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I'll be in my local (500 yards up the road) on Friday night, anyone is welcome to join me. Sunday should be a day of rest and recovery :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1. Bibs
2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli
9. bingoking Prawn Cocktail, Turkey, Christmas Pud
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
Edited by bingoking
  • Like 1

1. Bibs
2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli
9. bingoking
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
13. obione
  • Like 1

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Ties in nicely with a Lotus On Track day @ Brands on the 12th :thumbsup: 

http://www.lotus-on-track.com/booking/brands-hatch-indy-saturday-12-december-2015

I shall check with the boss (Wife) and report back.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Count us in. would not miss it.

The Excel has proved faultless from its last european trip so we will hopefully be in that.

1. Bibs
2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli
9. bingoking
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
13. obione
14 & 15 Dave and Ann Excell
  • Like 1

1. Bibs
2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli
9. bingoking
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
13. obione
14 & 15 Dave and Ann Excell
15 Trevsked

Trevor.
  • Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Just to add to Brian's (bingoking) note the LEGS contingent (9-12) are booked into the suggested Premier Inn arriving around 17:00 I guess at hotel.  Breakfast booked as last time Andrew & I attended we seemed have a good gang together again for breakfast before heading home.  

If any other LEGS based folk are considering it we are flying down with BA at 14:05 out of EDI and and back with Sleazy Jet at 15:10 all via Gatwick due to time of year.  Approx. cost for flights/hire car(shared 4 ways) and hotel are about £135 so only other costs are meal and car parking at EDI for a day.

Looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new faces and putting to screen names.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Not Sure I'm allowed in that Premier Inn. Myself, Cliff, Kim and Yasuo may have got ourselves in a little trouble last year!

And once again I will be attending after my works Christmas party at the Grove. So once again will be hung over like a bugger!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Didn't Cliff put a hole in the wall of his room?

Evora NA

He definitely headbutted the floor, broke a glass and generally fell off his chair.

Sadly, it was that bottle of Rum I had bought for you that we drank....and the buys brought some other stuff......what was it we were drinking Yasuo? Vodka I think!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Oh Yes Kimbers, vaguely remembers it. Especially the headbanging and the 4 times knocking on the door!

Let's try it again!

1. Bibs
2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli
9. bingoking
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
13. obione
14. & 15. Dave and Ann Excell
15. Trevsked
16. Kim.com
  • Like 1

/Kim 

Maybe need to find somewhere to go after :) than annoy all the Hotel residents like last time :)

Hotel is Currently £35 if you book now guys and girls!

We were in the room next door. Yes there was a big bang but no head appeared through the wall and we didnt complain. 

In fact we had a very good nights sleep. Must admit though I thought is was Kimbers. We look forward to another good evening. The following month I will be 70 so I must try to retire soon, but then those Lotus bits are not cheap.

• Gold FFM

Me too...

1. Bibs

2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli
9. bingoking
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
13. obione
15. Trevsked
16. Kim.com
17. sizona

Isn't a Christmas Dinner one of those things in a plastic tray that you nuke for 2 minutes for gastronomic delight? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

that's a TV dinner numpty!

2. Laura

3. Mike Kimberley

4. Kimbers

5. internets 

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli

9. bingoking

10. Al.

11. AndrewC

12. adfer

13. obione

15. Trevsked

16. Kim.com

17. sizona

18. Tom John

19. Alex John

Doing brands with LoT on Saturday and with MSV on Sunday.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

1: Bibs

2. Laura
3. Mike Kimberley
4. Kimbers
5. internets 
6. Buddsy
7. Hot T
8. Kalli
9. bingoking
10. Al.
11. AndrewC
12. adfer
13. obione
16. Trevsked
17. Kim.com
18. sizona
19. Tom John
20. Alex John
21. Cliff - gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

ps after the rum it was gin not vodka :harhar: and the floor was very confortable once you got down there, I just had further to go :huh: than most . Strangely the moning minies in the hotel were saying we were talking to loud nothing else and the guy from reception looked almost embassed at having to knock on the door . :gathering: it was alot of something over nothing but some folk do love to have a gumble I guess. :thumbdown: 

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

1: Bibs

2. Laura

3. Mike Kimberley

4. Kimbers

5. internets

6. Buddsy

7. Hot T

8. Kalli

9. bingoking

10. Al.

11. AndrewC

12. adfer

13. obione

16. Trevsked

17. Kim.com

18. sizona

19. Tom John

20. Alex John

21. Cliff - gghc87

22. Yasuo

It was my mistaken, I brugt worng bottle at the airport, so it was gin ( I thought it was whisky :( )

• Like 1

• Bibs unpinned this topic