free hit
counters
Old door beams required to fabricate new ones - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Old door beams required to fabricate new ones

Hi Everyone

I am need to 2 new door beams and The old man has said that if I can get hold of a couple of old ones (n/s & o/s) he will draw them up and one of his "A team" from the 80's will fabricate them for him.

If anyone has a couple of scrappers can you let me know and I will pay to get them posted to me (or you can drop them off if you are local).

Before anyone says anything, yes I know Lotus Bits does them, but with the greatest respect to those guys, who are awesome btw, MJK and a few others think theirs are a little thin and the beams are basically all of your impact resistance on the doors. So MJK wants to get some made up to his old spec drawings.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Could MJK put a call in to an old pal in the drawing office and get a copy of the drawing? :secret:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I have two old ones from an Excel SE - well I say two, more like 1 and nearly a second one as one of the hinge pin tubes fell off!!

PM me with your address if you want them and I'll send them off

post-10049-0-96705500-1440847812.jpg

post-10049-0-74161100-1440847841.jpg

post-10049-0-12235400-1440847865.jpg

post-10049-0-30211100-1440847894.jpg

Hi Mike, when dad took over in 2006 the only drawings of old cars left were the Europa TC and Elise. Nothing else exists having all been "thrown away" by previous MD's who wanted to "look forwards" rather than behind.

Thanks Brian, PM on the way. Will pay postage, just let me know and I can transfer directly or pay by paypal.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)