free hit
s3 clutch slave cylinder - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content


s3 clutch slave cylinder

Recommended Posts

  • Gold FFM

from where would this beastie have originated ??was told a landy s3 early defender but the kit is not correct ,can you cut that re plastic hose at the fitting and push it back on?mines frozen solid in the cylinder thanks in advance  :unworthy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gold FFM

I always thought it was a series 2 landy. as for the Red hose I would doubt it if you could fit it back again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  Hi Steve


             Take the opertunity and get rid of the red hose, you can buy a new braided upgrade pipe from SJ sportscars,

               Probably one of the best upgrades you can do on an S3 as it gets rid of red pipe syndrome.


               Also worth taking the effort and getting his gearbox linkage upgrade kit at the same time, both easy to

               fit and I personally think they made a big difference to my car anyway.


            p.s red pipe will probably be to brittle or hard by now to push back on now :no


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: clutch pipe...alternatively you could use Barry K's method and hard pipe it with an expansion loop at the ends to allow for movement.

IIRC, he just fed it through the red pipe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 years later...

The topic is a pretty old, but no need to create a new one.

I can confirm that a slave cylinder for a Landrover Serie 2/2a is OK but not plug'n play. The thread tap in the slave body is 3/8 UNF. The male union, on the car red hose, is 7/16 UNF.
You can use an adapter 7/16 to 3/8, re-tap the slave body on 7/16 UNF, or replace the male union. On my G-Turbo, the red hose has been replace by a 3/16' copper brake line. I just have to replace the male union, by a classical 3/8 UNC male union, common on all BMC cars (Minis for example). A new flare has to be done.

I can give you some references, far easier to find a part : Britpart 266694 ; TRW PJH124

Of course, you can buy it to SJsportscars, adaptator included, with the reference SJ082Q0007

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, serve personalized ads or content, and analyze our traffic. By clicking " I Accept ", you consent to our use of cookies. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.